[comp.sys.att] 6300+ and internal modems

UH2@PSUVM.BITNET (Lee Sailer) (10/10/87)

I know this was discussed a ways back.  But before I give up, I wanna
try one more time.

What does it take to get uucp and the other Unix communications stuff
to work via an internal modem?

It works fine as COM2: under Simultask, but there is no /dev/tty2.

eo@wp3b01.UUCP (3918) (10/12/87)

In article <21997UH2@PSUVM> UH2@PSUVM.BITNET (Lee Sailer) writes:
>I know this was discussed a ways back.  But before I give up, I wanna
>try one more time.
>
>What does it take to get uucp and the other Unix communications stuff
>to work via an internal modem?
>
>It works fine as COM2: under Simultask, but there is no /dev/tty2.

I too would like to know how to get my internal modem (AT&T 4112)
working in my 6300 PLUS.
It works fine with the Softcall software under MS-DOS, but UNIX
cannot seem to communicate with it.

Please post or mail any helpful info.  Thanks!

"Fish are born in water, Man is born in In In

rct@occrsh.ATT.COM (10/15/87)

Due to a brain-damaged marketing decision, the UNIX(tm) device
driver for the "COM2:" port on the 6300+ is not included with
the basic system software.  The last time I checked, it was available
only as a part of the "Communications Manager" package.  Fortunately,
the port 2 device driver is on a separate diskette so you won't have
to install any cannon fodder you don't need.

Sorry, but I don't have the ordering information handy.  If all
else fails, you might give your local "End User Organization" rep
a call (ATT-IS).

--Bob Tracy	AT&T Network & Data Systems	Oklahoma City
{most AT&T sites}!occrsh!rct