[comp.sys.att] HDB binary for 3B1 is *not* available outside AT&T!

jhc@mtune.ATT.COM (Jonathan Clark) (11/12/87)

In article <5553@ncoast.UUCP> allbery@ncoast.UUCP (Brandon Allbery) writes:
>I didn't see a 3B1 binary listed for HDB the last time I called the Toolchest,

Sorry, I was insufficiently precise in my previous posting. The stuff on
the Toolchest is 'generic' (ie 3B2) source, as far as I am aware there is
no way to get hold of the unix pc-specific code from outside the company,
unless you can yell long and hard at your account rep.

>Is it REALLY going to put a cramp in AT&T's style to distribute a binary-only
>copy that isn't available to us peons otherwise except in source form?

Beats the hell out of me.
--
Jonathan Clark
jhc@mtune.att.com, attmail!jonathan

The Englishman never enjoys himself except for some noble purpose.