[comp.sys.att] cursor & video monitor help

richard@islenet.UUCP (11/12/87)

Lots of good things being put together for the 3B1.  The recent
keyfix program is great, thanks guys!  Now I've only got a few
items on my list of things to be fixed.

First, I'd really like to keep that blasted cursor from blinking.
I dug into /etc/lddrv/wind a little with adb and found a routine
called ccblink that looks likely.  My guess is that I drop an rts
instruction in on top of the first word in that function and it
might do the trick.

But, since this is just a guess, and if it's wrong it could make
a real mess of things...  Does anyone have any thoughts or real
information on this?  Anybody got source they could take a peek
at and tell me if I'm in the right ballpark, or perhaps suggest
a better approach?

Second, I'd really like to get a 14-inch or larger monitor for
the 3B1, the current one is just too small for my tastes.  Could
someone with the hardware documents post the pinouts for the
monitor, and whatever other related info is available.  There's
a 26-pin connector in the monitor and an 8-pin at the other end
in the computer, either one (or both) will do.

Many thanks.

--
Richard Foulk		...{dual,vortex,ihnp4}!islenet!richard
Honolulu, Hawaii

ken@maxepr.UUCP (Ken Brassler) (11/13/87)

In article <3632@islenet.UUCP> richard@islenet.UUCP (Richard Foulk) writes:

>I'd really like to get a larger monitor ...
>please post the pinouts for the...
>8-pin connector...
>in the computer.

My diagrams show a 10-pin connector in the computer. If you can
resolve this difference, these are the pinouts.

Pin(s)		Function

 1		video vertical synch
 2,4,6,8,10	ground
 3		video horizontal synch
 5		video out
 7,9		+12v
--

Ken Brassler {ihnp4|qantel|pyramid|lll-crg}!ptsfa!maxepr!ken
			   ....ethos!gladys!ptsfa!maxepr!ken