[comp.sys.att] Need Ksh for 386 UNIX machine

twh@mibte.UUCP (Tim Hitchcock) (11/24/87)

Does anyone have ksh for the AT&T 6386 running UNIX system V Rel 3.1.

Ascii source code or PC6300+ object code.

Thanks so much,

Tim Hitchcock

law@mtunb.UUCP (11/25/87)

In article <2408@mibte.UUCP> twh@mibte.UUCP (Tim Hitchcock) writes:
>Does anyone have ksh for the AT&T 6386 running UNIX system V Rel 3.1.
>
>Ascii source code or PC6300+ object code.
>
>Thanks so much,
>
>Tim Hitchcock

KornShell version 06/03/86a has been ported to the 6386, and should be available
as part of an add-on product (price unknown) by the end of December. However,
that is a product management decision.

		Larry Weber

P.S. - The version number refers to the date of the KornShell source. The
fact that it is 6/3/86 (6386) is a coincidence noticed only after the
master floppies were cut.

walt@cuuxb.UUCP (12/03/87)

In article <1138@mtunb.ATT.COM> law@mtunb.UUCP (was-Larry Weber) writes:
>In article <2408@mibte.UUCP> twh@mibte.UUCP (Tim Hitchcock) writes:
>>Does anyone have ksh for the AT&T 6386 running UNIX system V Rel 3.1.
>
>KornShell version 06/03/86a has been ported to the 6386, and should be
>available as part of an add-on product (price unknown) by the end of
>December. However, that is a product management decision.

Or if that is too long to wait, ksh source can be gotten from the AT&T
Toolchest for a surprising small amount (for some reason the number
$50 sits in my mind).  I also think that that version has been taught
internationalization so as to not to strip the eighth bit.  It will
also go just about anywhere computerwise, including BSD.  And I've
never had any porting problems.

Walt Pesch
{ihnp4,attunix,cbosgd,et al}!cuuxb!wbp
cuuxb!wbp@lll-crg.arpa

ford@crash.cts.com (Michael Ditto) (12/06/87)

In article <1422@cuuxb.ATT.COM> walt@cuuxb.UUCP (Walt Pesch) writes:
>Or if that is too long to wait, ksh source can be gotten from the AT&T
>Toolchest for a surprising small amount (for some reason the number
>$50 sits in my mind).  [ ... ]

Close.  Just off by two orders of magnitude.

It's $5000.00.

--

Mike Ditto					-=] Ford [=-
P.O. Box 1721					ford%kenobi@crash.CTS.COM

paddock@48color.UUCP (Steve Paddock) (12/06/87)

In article <1422@cuuxb.ATT.COM> walt@cuuxb.UUCP (Walt Pesch) writes:
>Or if that is too long to wait, ksh source can be gotten from the AT&T
>Toolchest for a surprising small amount (for some reason the number
>$50 sits in my mind).

Last time I called the Toolchest, as a mere customer, the cost was
$3,000 for source and $30,000 for a source plus redistribution rights.

Steve
--
Steve Paddock (ut-ngp!auscso!mybest!paddock) 512-477-9736
Best Printing Co,  Austin, Texas  78767

pwy@pyuxe.UUCP (Peyton Yanchurak) (12/07/87)

In article <1422@cuuxb.ATT.COM>, walt@cuuxb.UUCP writes:
> In article <1138@mtunb.ATT.COM> law@mtunb.UUCP (was-Larry Weber) writes:
> >In article <2408@mibte.UUCP> twh@mibte.UUCP (Tim Hitchcock) writes:
> >>Does anyone have ksh for the AT&T 6386 running UNIX system V Rel 3.1.
> >
> >KornShell version 06/03/86a has been ported to the 6386, and should be
> >available as part of an add-on product (price unknown) by the end of
> >December. However, that is a product management decision.
>
> Or if that is too long to wait, ksh source can be gotten from the AT&T
> Toolchest for a surprising small amount (for some reason the number
> $50 sits in my mind).  I also think that that version has been taught
> internationalization so as to not to strip the eighth bit.  It will
> also go just about anywhere computerwise, including BSD.  And I've
> never had any porting problems.

The Toolchest prices are not that low, the price for ksh source code
is $3,000.  That  covers all CPUs for that company/instution.
A fee of $20,000 gives your company the right  to include binary copies
in their product.  You can dial 201-522-6900 and login as guest to
check out the Toolchest prices.

There has been some talk in the past in this group about getting HDB uucp
from the Toolchest.  HDB uucp is not in the Toolchest; it
is a licensed product and is available from the  AT&T UNIX
Licensing Organization in Greensboro, NC (1-800-828-UNIX).
It goes under the name of Basic Networking.  HDB uucp
is in all  post System V Release 3.0 AT&T releases plus
a few pre Release 3.0 releases [ Release 2.1 on the 3B2 and
Release 2.1.1 on the 3B20]).

				Peyton Yanchurak
				Bellcore
				bellcore!pyuxe!pwy