[comp.sys.att] Alternative vendors of AT&T products?

riddle@woton.UUCP (Prentiss Riddle ) (12/11/87)

I know that there are several small vendors who undercut AT&T selling
6300s, 7300s, 3B1s and their components.  But are there similar
alternative sources for 3B2s, 3B15s and the like?  If we want to buy
more memory for our 3B15 or even a whole 3B2/600, is there someone out
there who might give us a better price than if we buy directly from
AT&T?

Note that I am *not* talking about buying other *brands* of equipment --
we've stuck this far with AT&T because we count on them for service and
we aren't looking to switch manufacturers at this point.  Anything we buy
must be supported by AT&T.

Please reply to me by mail and I'll summarize.

--- Prentiss Riddle ("Aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada.")
--- Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of Shriners Burns Institute.
--- riddle@woton.UUCP  {ihnp4,harvard}!ut-sally!im4u!woton!riddle

nobi@mtuxo.UUCP (53190-M.JULIAR) (12/11/87)

In article <1012@woton.UUCP>, riddle@woton.UUCP (Prentiss Riddle ) writes:
> I know that there are several small vendors who undercut AT&T selling
> 6300s, 7300s, 3B1s and their components.  But are there similar
> alternative sources for 3B2s, 3B15s and the like?

Try Kierulff/Arrow Electronics.  They have offices across the
country.  They carry many AT&T computer products.  Some of
their prices are very good.