[comp.sys.att] Extended memory & math coprocessor on 6300+

pete@tsc.UUCP (Pete Schmitt) (12/12/87)

Extended memory:
	Are there any other manufacturers of an extended memory
	board for the plus?  The $695 price tag from AT&T for
	1/2 meg is a bit steep.  Any recommendations?

Math Coprocessor:
	I would like to get a math coprocessor for my plus to aid
	in running some cad software.  Any recommendations and
	prices along this line?
--
            \\\!///		From: Pete Schmitt
             _   _ 		UUCP: ihnp4!tsc!pete

maxwell@ablnc.ATT.COM (Robert Maxwell) (12/14/87)

In article <247@tsc.UUCP>, pete@tsc.UUCP (Pete Schmitt) writes:
> Extended memory:
> 	Are there any other manufacturers of an extended memory
> 	board for the plus?  The $695 price tag from AT&T for
> 	1/2 meg is a bit steep.  Any recommendations?

If you find any, I would like to know. I would like to get one, but
the $695 is more than I want to spend.

> Math Coprocessor:
> 	I would like to get a math coprocessor for my plus to aid
> 	in running some cad software.  Any recommendations and
> 	prices along this line?
> --
The INTEL 80287 (6mhz) co-processor is available for arout $200.00 from
many mail-order houses. Priority One lists it at $195.
To install it, you take the bottom cover off the plus, find the socket
(near the 80286-the only empty socket on the board that will take the
80287), and set dsw-2, sw 5 to the on position. If you don't have
a motherboard layout to help you find the positions, send me e-mail
and I will try to give you a rough sketch.

I am using the 80287 in my PLUS and it makes a noticable difference
in floating point operations.

Bob Maxwell	AT&T DP&CT	     |	All standard (and most non_standard)
Maitland, FL	ihnp4!ablnc!maxwell  |  disclaimers apply.