[comp.sys.att] Dialing both in & out, 4024 Dialers entry

wilber@alice.UUCP (12/12/87)

Thanks to all who responded to my questions about dialing both in and out
through the same modem and getting a Dialers entry for the 4024 modem.

For the record, the best solutions (at least for AT&T employees) are:

1)  Snarf HDB UUCP from the STORE!

2)  Use the ATT2224 Dialers entry for the 4024 modem.

3)  Spawn a uugetty on the modem port (actually the default when setting up
    the modem with HDB Admin).

Bob Wilber   wilber@research.att.com

farren@gethen.UUCP (Michael J. Farren) (12/16/87)

In article <7532@alice.UUCP> wilber@alice.UUCP writes:
>For the record, the best solutions (at least for AT&T employees) are:
>
>1)  Snarf HDB UUCP from the STORE!

Will you guys please stop telling the whole world about how you
fortunate AT&T employess can get wonderful stuff from the STORE that
the rest of us peons may never see?  Personally, I'm getting more
and more pissed off as I see these postings, mostly because I would
LOVE to have a working HDB, and your postings are just like dangling
the candy in front of the baby's face, only to jerk it away as soon
as it reaches for it.

PLEASE restrict your postings to att distributions, huh?  I know you can
do it, as I had to remove a Newsgroups: entry of 'att.sys.unixpc' just
to be able to send this article out!

--
Michael J. Farren             | "INVESTIGATE your point of view, don't just
{ucbvax, uunet, hoptoad}!     | dogmatize it!  Reflect on it and re-evaluate