[comp.sys.att] bug in newgrp?

rosalia@mozart.UUCP (Mark Galassi) (12/25/87)

In article <283@manta.UUCP> brant@manta.UUCP (Brant Cheikes) writes:
>There appears to be a bug involving newgrp (at least in V3.51).  If I
>add myself to another group in /etc/group, then try to newgrp to that
>group, newgrp says "Sorry" and bombs.

I had that problem also.  I changed the order in /etc/group, and it
started working.  The problem is that your default group (the one in
the passwd file) has to be before (if I remember right) all other
groups you belong to.  Or maybe viceversa.

Try that one.  In any case, I'm sure that it IS a bug, but I'm too lazy
to read the docs on newgrp to find out how it should behave.
--
						Mark Galassi
					    ...!mozart!rosalia