[net.movies] various

daemon@decwrl.UUCP (10/03/83)

From: Ed Featherston  HL01-1/P06  225-5241 <roll::featherston>

 Begin Forwarded Message:

Newsgroup : net.movies
>From : EIFFEL::BLICKSTEIN
Subject: various

Re:  Bad films never make it out the door.

There was a great stinker called "The thing with Two Heades" that
starred Rosey Grier and Ray Milland.  The plot was that a racist mad scientist
accidentally gets his head grafted onto a black man.  It was originally
supposed to be a serious social commentary, but upon viewing the final product
they realized it could only be advertised as a comedy which is what they did.

Re:  Dark Star

Dark Star was made by John Carpenter (the Fog, Halloween I) and Dan O'Bannon
(Alien) who also played Pinhead.  O'Bannon himself states that Alien is just
Dark Star made scary.

Another great title:  "Rat Fink A Boo Boo"

Anybody see "Yellowbeard"?  I had great expectations for that.  Why didn't
it get a general release?  Maybe it joined the ranks of "Plan 9".

And speaking of Edward D. Wood (Plan 9 and Glen or Glenda directory), I'd
like to mention that "Glen or Glenda" was Semi-autobiographical.  It seems
Ed Wood had a habit of wearing womens pant suits.

	Dave Blickstein
	Technical Languages
	Digital Equipment Corp

		Mail address : ...decvax!decwrl!rhea!eiffel!blickstein

 End Forwarded Message

wombat@uicsl.UUCP (10/05/83)

#R:decwrl:-340100:uicsl:7600028:000:328
uicsl!wombat    Oct  5 00:15:00 1983

***** uicsl:net.movies / decwrl!daemon / 12:53 pm  Oct  3, 1983
From: Ed Featherston  HL01-1/P06  225-5241 <roll::featherston>
>From : EIFFEL::BLICKSTEIN

Re:  Dark Star
Dark Star was made by John Carpenter (the Fog, Halloween I) and Dan O'Bannon
(Alien) who also played Pinhead.
That's Pinback, not Pinhead.

Wombat