[comp.sys.att] 3b1 remote terminal

haber@torah.UUCP (Yaacov Haber) (12/24/87)

Is there a terminal available that acts like
the 3b1 exactly with the windows, icons, etc.
and has the same layout on the keyboard?

Yaacov Haber

lenny@icus.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano) (12/24/87)

In article <145@torah.UUCP> haber@torah.UUCP (Yaacov Haber) writes:

|>Is there a terminal available that acts like
|>the 3b1 exactly with the windows, icons, etc.
|>and has the same layout on the keyboard?
|>
|>Yaacov Haber

I think the terminal you are looking for is the AT&T 610 terminal.  It has
the same keyboard layout as the 3B1, which makes for a nice terminal if you
decide to use the user-agent windows.  As for icons and mouse, I am not sure
whether they have something for it?  I doubt it seriously.

						-Lenny
--
============================ US MAIL:   Lenny Tropiano, ICUS Computer Group
 IIIII   CCC   U   U   SSSS             PO Box 1

gmark@ihlpf.ATT.COM (Stewart) (12/28/87)

In article <145@torah.UUCP>, haber@torah.UUCP (Yaacov Haber) writes:

> Is there a terminal available that acts like
> the 3b1 exactly with the windows, icons, etc.
> and has the same layout on the keyboard?
>
> Yaacov Haber

Uh, yeah.  I'm not being flippant, but how about a 7300 or 3B1?
I dont' know if the fire sale is REALLY over (you could check around
for disatisfied customers or others willing to part with one at
fire-sale-magnitude prices), but considering that my 7300 cost
around $720, my 3B1 package cost about $1800, and a cheap terminal
costs in the area of $800, well... it's worth a thought.  Or for
that matter, what's a cheap hobby-type graphics computer with
a terminal emulator package cost?  For instance, if you're willing
to experiment, a COCO (Tandy Color Computer III) and a hi-res monitor
would set you back less than $800 with a disk or two!

		G. Mark (ditto) Stewart
		ATT BTL Naperville, Ill.  ix1G-266
		ixlpq!gms (312)979-0914 (include phone for replies)
		(* Insert obscure logo, phrase or graphic here *)