[comp.sys.att] Year doesn't roll over on AT&T MS-DOS 3.2

wtm@neoucom.UUCP (Bill Mayhew) (01/04/88)

Hi,

I just noticed that the battery-backed-up clock didn't roll over
from 1987 to 1988 on my PC6300.  I am running AT&T MS-DOS 3.2 with
the biopatch that cures zeroing of the seconds upon reboot.  I
called a friend who agreed the same thing happens with non-patched
DOS 3.2.

Actually, I don't think it is a bug with DOS, but rather a glitch
in the clock chip.

At any rate, don't forget to check your DOS DATE function to make
sure that you are living in the right year!

Peace and Happiness in the New Year,
--Bill

dave@westmark.UUCP (Dave Levenson) (01/05/88)

In article <905@neoucom.UUCP>, wtm@neoucom.UUCP (Bill Mayhew) writes:
> I just noticed that the battery-backed-up clock didn't roll over
> from 1987 to 1988 on my PC6300.  I am running AT&T MS-DOS 3.2 with
> the biopatch that cures zeroing of the seconds upon reboot.
> Actually, I don't think it is a bug with DOS, but rather a glitch
> in the clock chip.

I have a number of 6300PLUS and 6300 machines in the field.  They
are all running AT&T MS-DOS 3.2.  All of the 6300PLUS machines came
up this week with 1988.  All of the 6300 machines came up showing
Sunday, January 4, 1987.  A `DATE' command was all it took to get
them in sync, but there were some hairy moments when a shared
database on the STARLAN server was being updated by a PLUS and a
6300 at almost the same time, one year apart!
--
Dave Levenson
Westmark, Inc.		The man in the Mooney.