[comp.sys.att] Phone Mgr hangs up incoming calls

gendrich@eecae.UUCP (Chuck Gendrich) (01/13/88)

I've been having problems with incoming voice calls on my 3B1 which I
just got last week.  Maybe I just haven't found out the right way to
configure things, but here's an article where someone describes *exactly*
what happens to me when I take an incoming call and hit either <ENTER> to
take notes or <CANCL> to not take notes.  However, it also happens (at
random?!?) when I don't touch a key.

In article <5725@sol.ARPA> brown@cs.rochester.edu (Chris Brown) writes:

> ... the phone rang (we have one line, configured VOICE at this time).
> The little TAKE NOTES ON CALL? window opened up -- usually I let it
> go away by itself, this time I hit CANCEL.  The WORKING ikon lit up,
> things froze, the phone line didn't get freed, and I had to reset.
> Nothing in unix.log -- no spurious interrupt for last 2 days.

To me the most bothersome part is that the phone gets hung up -- always
when it's a friend calling long distance. :-(   My phone mgr preferences
specify that incoming calls should be logged after 30 sec.  It seems
like it's at the 30 sec tick that the machine hangs up the phone.  If I
increase that value from 30 sec (e.g., to 999), it doesn't hang up.

On a related note, if I call out using the machine to dial the phone, I
have to select HANG UP with the mouse to change the line state from
ACTIVE to IDLE, even though I've already put the phone back on the hook.

Has anyone had problems like these?  What's the scoop?

			Chuck
--
Chuck Gendrich          ARPA and CSnet: gendrich@msudoc.egr.msu.edu
5752 Richwood, #76              Usenet: {ihnp4, umich, well}!msudoc!gendrich