[comp.sys.att] What site have unix-pc.*

lenny@icus.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano) (01/12/88)

In article <2618@fluke.COM> vince@tc.fluke.COM (Craig Johnson) writes:

|>[...description why we don't distribute unix-pc.* to everyone...]
|>
|>Last summer safari!dave posted to this group a list of known sites carrying
|>the unix-pc groups.  This was just before or very early in the time period
|>when the fire sale was getting started.  I can provide a copy of his
|>posting though it is now rather out of date.  Perhaps if Dave is listening,
|>he will consider posting an updated version.

I haven't heard from Dave Munroe (dave@safari) for a long while.  But
I wouldn't mind composing a list of sites that have the unix-pc.* news
distribution and are willing to feed to any needy applicants.

I think changing the format of the comp.sys.att groups would be okay, but
a better action would be for more sites to take on the unix-pc groups.
I know I am willing to feed anyone who wants to POLL me or is in
the PC Pursuit dialing area.

If you mail me your site information in this format, I will summarize and
update as needed, the sites who are carrying the unix-pc groups.

Site:                          icus
Contact:	               lenny@icus.UUCP   (Lenny Tropiano)
	From Backbone:         ...ihnp4!icus!lenny
Area code:	               516
Willing to call?
	Local?                 Yes
	Long Distance?         No
	PC Pursuitable?        Yes

Willing to accept UUCP logins? Yes
Reachable via PC Pursuit?      No
Anonymous UUCP Login?          No  (Contact via E-Mail)
[If yes, give login information]

Come on folks, fess up, don't keep unix-pc to yourself! :-)

							-Lenny
--
============================ US MAIL:   Lenny Tropiano, ICUS Computer Group
 IIIII   CCC   U   U   SSSS             PO Box 1

cja@zippy.eecs.umich.edu (Charles J. Antonelli) (01/14/88)

In article <211@icus.UUCP> lenny@icus.UUCP (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
>I know I am willing to feed anyone who wants to POLL me or is in
>the PC Pursuit dialing area.

And now, for something completely different.

What, exactly, is PC Pursuit?
Charles J. Antonelli
cja@eecs.umich.edu