[comp.sys.att] UUPC - where to get it

kathy@bakerst.UUCP (Kathy Vincent) (01/09/88)

A friend of mine tells me that the uucp program for PC
compatibles - UUPC - is also available from EXEC-PC in Milwaukee;
phone number for the board is (414) 964-5160.

This board has about 36 incoming phone lines, many at 2400 baud.

Kathy Vincent ------>  {ihnp4|mtune|codas|ptsfa}!bakerst!kathy
              ------>  {ihnp4|mtune|burl!codas}!wrcola!kathy
              ------>  { favourite AT&T gateway }!wruxe!unix

wnp@killer.UUCP (Wolf Paul) (01/10/88)

In article <1034@bakerst.UUCP> kathy@bakerst.UUCP (Kathy Vincent) writes:
>A friend of mine tells me that the uucp program for PC
>compatibles - UUPC - is also available from EXEC-PC in Milwaukee;
>phone number for the board is (414) 964-5160.
>
>This board has about 36 incoming phone lines, many at 2400 baud.

This is true, and EXEC-PC is a great BBS, but it is a subscriber board,
charging $15 for three months or $45 for a year, which gives you one hour
of access time per day. They have over 10,000 files on-line for downloading
by subscribers.

EXEC-PC can also be reached via PC-PURSUIT direct connect, using the
syntax,

@C 414161,PCPID,PCPPASSWD<CR>

where @ is the Telenet prompt, and you have to substitute your own PCP user id
and password.

You can call them and sign up on-line using plastic money.

However, if all you are interested in is getting the UUPC distribution,
you do not need to subscribe to anything.

To repeat my offer, I will send the entire UUPC distribution on a 360K
PC-DOS floppy to anyone who sends me a blank disk and a stamped, addressed
disk mailer.

Wolf Paul
EES Inc.
6730 LBJ Freeway #2195
Dallas TX 75240

ihnp4!killer!wnp

pwtotten@rose.waterloo.edu (Paul Totten) (01/12/88)

Is there any place around Waterloo (ie: Toronto, or south, but staying
in Ontario) where I could get the code for UUPC??

Thanx
     | Paul W Totten                               It's OK...          |
     | pwtotten@rose (at least for now)            I'm with THE band!  |

roth@mrsvr.UUCP (Dean Roth) (01/14/88)

In article <4190@uwmcsd1.UUCP>, john1233@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Thomas M Johnson) writes:
> >A friend of mine tells me that the uucp program for PC
> >compatibles - UUPC - is also available from EXEC-PC in Milwaukee;
> >phone number for the board is (414) 964-5160.
> >
> >This board has about 36 incoming phone lines, many at 2400 baud.
> >
> Just for the record, EXEC-PC isn't a free system. It is $30 a year.

Actually, EXEC PC is $45 per year. There are presently 48 lines,
of which 10 are direct Telenet (PC Pursuit) connections. All lines
are 300/1200/2400 baud, and some have MNP modems (special telephone
numbers). Another expansion to > 50 lines will occur real-soon-now.
There are over 20 conferneces as well as a HUGE files upload/download
section. There is no additional charge for time used.

Dean Roth
EXEC PC's IBM Conference Moderator