[comp.sys.att] interleave for Seagate 251

ir1@sdcc6.ucsd.EDU (ir1) (01/15/88)

Newsgroups: comp.sys.att
Subject: Help with a Seagate 251 (slow speed)
Help. I just put a Seagate 251 40M disk into my ATT6300.
This replaced my Seagate 225 20 M disk. The new disk is partioned
into a small C drive and 2 20M big partitions (D and E).
I also was told I needed a new controller so I put in a
Western Digital WX1. Low and behold my access time almost doubled
(measured by the  Norton SI and by my stopwatch). The specs on the
251 are better than those for the 225 so this shouldn't happen. I
suspect the interleave is at fault, but Seagate doesn't seem to want
to tell me what the interleave should be.

Can anyone tell me what the optimal interleave for my disk
combination is?

Thanks in advance

Neal Beck
Dept. of Pol. Sci.