[comp.sys.att] ROM BIOS 1.43 and PAL

josephs@ttidca.TTI.COM (Bill Josephs) (02/03/88)

I order the ROM BIOS 1.43 and got the two chips (H & L) but also
received a third, PAL (?) chip.  Does anyone now what it's supposed to
fix?

Bill Josephs
Citicorp/TTI
3100 Ocean Park Blvd
Santa Monica, Ca. 90405

henkp@nikhefk.UUCP (Henk Peek) (02/10/88)

In article <1833@ttidca.TTI.COM> josephs@ttidca.TTI.COM (Bill Josephs) writes:
>I order the ROM BIOS 1.43 and got the two chips (H & L) but also
>received a third, PAL (?) chip.  Does anyone now what it's supposed to
>fix?
The new PAL chip changed the memory map. The 1.43 bios chips are
larger (2 * 16K byte) then the old ones. Does the 1.43 bios work
with 32 MB (run length encoded) harddisks? The 1.36 bios does not
work. (1.21 is OK.)

Henk Peek,   ..!uunet!mcvax!nikhefk!henkp