[comp.sys.att] phtoggle for 3b1

leonard@acf3.NYU.EDU (S.S. Leonard) (02/22/88)

I'm trying to get the new version  of kermit from Columbia
working on my 3b1/pc7300.  after mucho problems, it finally
compiles....BUT It hangs when I set the line to /dev/ph1.
I assume it's waiting for the line to be connected. I remember
hearing about a program called phtoggle which would select a line...

Does anyone have this?  (Or any other version of kermit which uses
the OBM?)

Shanna Leonard
New York Universe-city
ARPA: leonard@nyu.edu

dave@arnold.UUCP (Dave Arnold) (02/25/88)

In article <539@acf3.NYU.EDU>, leonard@acf3.NYU.EDU (S.S. Leonard) writes:
> I'm trying to get the new version  of kermit from Columbia
> working on my 3b1/pc7300.  after mucho problems, it finally
> compiles....BUT It hangs when I set the line to /dev/ph1.

Set modem first.  I wouldn't be suprised if the version you have
will never work.  You really want the version ported by Kevin
Kosman.  It is based on 4E(067) I believe.
--
Dave Arnold
dave@arnold.UUCP	{cci632|uunet}!ccicpg!arnold!dave

In article <126@arnold.UUCP> (Dave "screwball" Arnold) writes:
> In article <539@acf3.NYU.EDU>, (S.S. Leonard) writes:
> > I'm trying to get the new version  of kermit from Columbia
>
> will never work.  You really want the version ported by Kevin
> Kosman.  It is based on 4E(067) I believe.
> --

I really meant to say Kevin O'Gorman at site "kosman".  Forgive me
Kevin.  It's too early in the morning to be posting!