[comp.sys.att] BE nice to YOUR keyboard!

gberg@hpindda.HP.COM (Greg Berg) (03/29/88)

From the "It only happens out of warranty department"...
Three weeks after the 90 day warranty expired, so did the keyboard
on my AT&T 7300/unixpc. AT&T is the only source of keyboards and
their prices reflect it; $210.00 (plus the dead keyboard) in exchange
for a rebuilt keyboard.

paddock@mybest.UUCP (Steve Paddock) (03/30/88)

In article <4260005@hpindda.HP.COM> gberg@hpindda.HP.COM (Greg Berg) writes:
>From the "It only happens out of warranty department"...
>Three weeks after the 90 day warranty expired, so did the keyboard
>on my AT&T 7300/unixpc. AT&T is the only source of keyboards and
>their prices reflect it; $210.00 (plus the dead keyboard) in exchange
>for a rebuilt keyboard.

Is it fried, or are some of the keys failing?  If the latter, and if it
follows general AT&T design, you can probably clean it by popping the
key-tops and pincering out the switch and cleaning it with freon.

Steve
--
Steve Paddock  ut-emx!mybest!paddock
	       or uunet!bigtex!mybest!paddock