[comp.sys.att] 6300+: more internal disks?

kak@stc-auts.UUCP (Kris Kugel) (06/25/88)

I figure that the reason to have "short" slots is to let you
put something in the space not taken up by the extended bus
connector.  sound reasonable?  So does this mean that you can
add, say, a full-height drive in the plus without removing
the floppy drive (or the default half-height)?

If you can't, what is the purpose of making the slots "short"?

Enquiring minds want to know!

	Kris A. Kugel
	Storage Tek: { uunet!nbires ncar decvax }!stcvax!stc-auts!kak
	"These two are too heavy to carry two too."

dave@westmark.UUCP (Dave Levenson) (06/30/88)

In article <269@stc-auts.UUCP>, kak@stc-auts.UUCP (Kris Kugel) writes:
> I figure that the reason to have "short" slots is to let you
> put something in the space not taken up by the extended bus
> connector.  sound reasonable?  So does this mean that you can
> add, say, a full-height drive in the plus without removing
> the floppy drive (or the default half-height)?
>
> If you can't, what is the purpose of making the slots "short"?

No.

There are no "short slots" in the AT&T PC 6300PLUS.  All of the
expansion slots in the machine will accept full-length cards.  There
is no way to install a full-height disk in the PC 6300PLUS and still
have room for any other disk device.  I use an external enclosure
with space for two full-height disks, and I put two half-height
floppy drives in the system unit.

--
Dave Levenson
Westmark, Inc.		The Man in the Mooney