[comp.sys.att] 6386 Woes

daveb@pyuxf.UUCP (david berk) (09/20/88)

When logging in remotely to my 6386, I noticed if I drop the
line when I am in "vi" , vi does not die and my modem gets hung.
The modem is a Hayes Compatable.  If I log off the right way (^d)
the line is dropped.

Any Suggestions,

Dave Berk
..!bcr!pyuxf!daveb

lee@ulysses.homer.nj.att.com (Lee Begeja[cwc]) (09/21/88)

In article <409@pyuxf.UUCP>, daveb@pyuxf.UUCP (david berk) writes:
> When logging in remotely to my 6386, I noticed if I drop the
> line when I am in "vi" , vi does not die and my modem gets hung.
> The modem is a Hayes Compatable.  If I log off the right way (^d)
> the line is dropped.
> Dave Berk  ..!bcr!pyuxf!daveb

I had this problem once and fixed it by starting each remote session
with
	stty -clocal
This tells the tty driver that you are using a modem and to send
the proper signals if the line drops.