[comp.sys.att] Mr. Eunuch "Emasculated" Mouse

thad@cup.portal.com (10/03/88)

Mr. Eunuch "Emasculated" Mouse?

Yes, a sad tale of woe.  A mouse belonging to one of several 7300s I recently
acquired at a store bankruptcy sale is missing, er, ah, ... ,ahem, his balls.

Seriously, does anyone have any notion where one can get a replacement mouse
ball?  Other than "liberating" one from an office Mac, I've been looking all
over and though I've located 3B1 keyboards I'm unable to locate a replacement
ball; the mouse itself is OK (minus the ball), but I wouldn't be adverse to
buying a replace ball if that's neccessary.

Your help is kindly solicited; thanks in advance!

Thad Floryan  [ thad@cup.portal.com  (OR)  ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]

jr@amanue.UUCP (Jim Rosenberg) (10/05/88)

In article <9674@cup.portal.com> thad@cup.portal.com writes:
>Seriously, does anyone have any notion where one can get a replacement mouse
>ball?

I believe the 7300/3b1 mouse is made by Logitech.  They advertise in all the
PC magazines, & I would bet my /etc/init that their PC rodentoids and the one
for the UNIX-PC use the same ball.  The two possibilities that come to mind
are: (1) Call Logitech & see if they'll sell you a replacement ball (likey!)
or (2) See if you can pick up a cheap used Logitech mouse somewhere and just
scavenge the ball.

Oh, & if you do succeed in balling a eunuched mouse I wouldn't whisker it
around too loudly.  :-)
--
 Jim Rosenberg
     CIS: 71515,124                         decvax!idis! \