[comp.sys.att] Illegal interrupts on an AT&T PC6300

wtm@neoucom.UUCP (Bill Mayhew) (11/21/88)

Hi,

We have an AT&T PC6300 that occasionally gives illegal interrupts
0D and 0F at bootup (just after the message about optional ROM
found at C800).  According to my recollection, interrupts 08-0F are
the vectored interrupts on the PC/XT.  Does anybody happen to know
what is connected to the interrupt controller at those addresses?

--Bill

pechter@dasys1.UUCP (Bill Pechter) (11/22/88)

In article <1418@neoucom.UUCP> wtm@neoucom.UUCP (Bill Mayhew) writes:

>We have an AT&T PC6300 that occasionally gives illegal interrupts
>0D and 0F at bootup (just after the message about optional ROM
>found at C800).  According to my recollection, interrupts 08-0F are
>the vectored interrupts on the PC/XT.  Does anybody happen to know
>what is connected to the interrupt controller at those addresses?

I got illegal interrupts with Xenix from a bus mouse after I had just run
MS-DOS.  Was this with Dos or another OS.  Also, what hardware's on the system?

It may be some driver interaction like the mouse that Xenix couldn't handle.