[comp.sys.att] TCP/IP Ethernet for SVR3.2 on 80386

stevens@hsi.UUCP (Richard Stevens) (12/04/88)

Does anyone have any leads for TCP/IP software for a Compaq 386 running
AT&T System V, Release 3.2 ?  It must use Streams and support the TLI
interface, (a BSD-like socket library would also be nice).  I have an
Excelan 205 interface card and an Interlan NP600A that I'd like to use,
rather than having to buy another board.  I still haven't been able to
get an answer from Excelan or Wollongong.  Micom-Interlan won't support
R3.2 until late December.

	Richard Stevens
	Health Systems International, New Haven, CT
	   stevens@hsi.uu.net
	   ... { uunet | yale } ! hsi ! stevens

lee@ulysses.homer.nj.att.com (Lee Begeja[cwc]) (12/05/88)

In article <207@hsi86.hsi.UUCP>, stevens@hsi.UUCP (Richard Stevens) writes:
> Does anyone have any leads for TCP/IP software for a Compaq 386 running
> AT&T System V, Release 3.2 ?  It must use Streams and support the TLI
> interface, (a BSD-like socket library would also be nice).  I have an
> Excelan 205 interface card and an Interlan NP600A that I'd like to use,
> rather than having to buy another board.  I still haven't been able to
> get an answer from Excelan or Wollongong.  Micom-Interlan won't support
> R3.2 until late December.

We are running AT&T System V, Release 3.2 on AT&T6386 machines and
using the MICOM software for Release 3.1 .

I can successfully rcp and rsh .
I can rlogin from my machine to other machines but I CANNOT rlogin from
another machine into my machine.  (rsh from another machine works if I
execute a program which does not use the screen)

There is apparently an incompatibility with the screen drivers so I
cannot get a "window" into my machine from another machine.

We are anxiously awaiting the MICOM's release of 3.2 but it has not
been too bad using the 3.1 version.

Lee Begeja   201/582-5777  att!ulysses!lee

rich@embossed.UUCP (Rich Andrews) (12/08/88)

AT&T has a TCP-IP package with board and software.

The PEC # is 9205-068.

It is in stock in Niles and the list price is $1495.00

rich andrews