[comp.sys.att] AT&T 386 UNIX, color

bill@ssbn.WLK.COM (Bill Kennedy) (12/15/88)

I have embarked on an adventure that isn't playing out very well.
Having RTFM on the ETI interface in AT&T 386 UNIX Vr3.1 I decided
that I would type in the example program to demonstrate two windows,
each in a different color.  Zilch, I can't find what library has
start_color(), init_pair(), or wattron().  Worse I'm not sure that
the terminfo definition I am using (AT386-M) is going to work because
it's a hack for a monochrome display.  Why use it?  Because the adm
screens don't work with at386.

Does anyone have a terminfo that works, in color, with an EGA/VDC 750?
May I have a copy if you do?  Has anyone done color windows as documented
in the ETI?  How did you do it?  What library or libraries did you use?
RTFM is just fine, but please point me to the right place, I have scoured
it from end to end.  Thanks,
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {killer,att,cs.utexas.edu,sun!daver}!ssbn!bill
              internet    bill@ssbn.WLK.COM

fmcgee@cuuxb.ATT.COM (~XT4103000~Frank McGee~C23~M24~6326~) (12/20/88)

In article <273@ssbn.WLK.COM> bill@ssbn.WLK.COM (Bill Kennedy) writes:
>I have embarked on an adventure that isn't playing out very well.
>Having RTFM on the ETI interface in AT&T 386 UNIX Vr3.1 I decided
>that I would type in the example program to demonstrate two windows,
>each in a different color.  Zilch, I can't find what library has
>start_color(), init_pair(), or wattron().  Worse I'm not sure that
>the terminfo definition I am using (AT386-M) is going to work because
>it's a hack for a monochrome display.  Why use it?  Because the adm
>screens don't work with at386.

I looked into this a little bit.  Prerequisites seem to include
installing the Graphics Programming Utilities Package (part of the
Software Development Set).  This includes the ETI libraries and header
files.  To compile a program that uses ETI, you need to include
#include <panel.h>
in your program then compile with
cc -lpanel -lcurses
and that should compile your program (page 10-70 of the Programmer's
Guide Volume II that comes with SDS).

I'll email you a copy of the color terminfo that comes with System V
Rel. 3.2, that should allow you to use color on your console.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

--
Frank McGee
Tier 3 Indirect Channel Sales Support