[comp.sys.att] AT&T 473 printer

sl161011@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Kevin Clendenien) (01/13/89)

Does anyone know whether the AT&T 473 printer accepts any command codes.
We got one from another department, without any sort of manual.  Can the
473 printer print in more than one pitch?  How about NLQ mode?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.
sl161011@silver.UUCP                             Kevin B. Clendenien

mcripps@mtuxo.att.com (XMP12-M.CRIPPS) (01/14/89)

In article <2968@silver.bacs.indiana.edu>, sl161011@silver.bacs.indiana.edu (Kevin Clendenien) writes:
> Does anyone know whether the AT&T 473 printer accepts any command codes.
> We got one from another department, without any sort of manual.  Can the
> 473 printer print in more than one pitch?  How about NLQ mode?  Any help
> would be greatly appreciated.

The 473 follows basically the same command codes as the IBM graphics printer
and the Epson FX/MX/QX/ZX/XX/YX/ETCX/ETCX printers, so you should be able
to find the codes no problem.  Here's a quick summary anyway:
	Function		Decimal Code(s)
	--------		---------------
	Compressed On			15
	Compressed Off			18
	Emphasized (NLQ) On	     27,69
	Emphasized (NLQ) Off	     27,70
	Double strike on	     27,71
	Double strike off	     27,72

Hope this helps.

Mike Cripps
mtuxo!mcripps

vg55611@ihuxy.ATT.COM (Gopal) (01/17/89)

In article <2968@silver.bacs.indiana.edu> sl161011@silver.UUCP (Kevin Clendenien) writes:
>Does anyone know whether the AT&T 473 printer accepts any command codes.
>We got one from another department, without any sort of manual.  Can the
>473 printer print in more than one pitch?  How about NLQ mode?  Any help
>would be greatly appreciated.
>sl161011@silver.UUCP                             Kevin B. Clendenien

I can send you a program to set the printer in its various modes.

Venu P. Gopal
UUCP:	att!ihuxy!vg55611
Internet: vg55611@ihuxy.att.com
BITNET: com%"vg55611@ihuxy.att.com"   or   com%"vg55611%ihuxy@research.att.com"