[comp.sys.att] UNIX PC weird happenings on TV sitcom: _Anything but love_

lenny@icus.islp.ny.us (Lenny Tropiano) (03/29/89)

After watching the TV sitcom tonight, Gil Kloepfer (gil@limbic) and I
noticed that the UNIX PC's on the desks of the reporters weren't even
plugged in (look at the back).  The reporter was even typing away, and
what even marvelled me more was the "amber screen" ... Hmmm, wonder what
battery-powered, amber screen upgrade they got for those machines? :-)

-Lenny
--
Lenny Tropiano             ICUS Software Systems         [w] +1 (516) 582-5525
lenny@icus.islp.ny.us      Telex; 154232428 ICUS         [h] +1 (516) 968-8576

sysop@stech.UUCP (Jan Harrington) (03/30/89)

in article <647@icus.islp.ny.us>, lenny@icus.islp.ny.us (Lenny Tropiano) says:

> After watching the TV sitcom tonight, Gil Kloepfer (gil@limbic) and I
> noticed that the UNIX PC's on the desks of the reporters weren't even
> plugged in (look at the back).  The reporter was even typing away, and
> what even marvelled me more was the "amber screen" ... Hmmm, wonder what
> battery-powered, amber screen upgrade they got for those machines? :-)

The soap opera Days of Our Lives also has Unix PC's. They are definitely
plugged in and working. You can hear the characteristic sound of the
disk drive and you can see the little AT&T logo with the word Working
when the thing is busy...

Jan Harrington, sysop
Scholastech Telecommunications
husc6!stech!sysop or allegra!stech!sysop

	Miscellaneous profundidity:
		"No matter where you go, there you are..."
			Buckaroo Banzai

todd@ivucsb.UUCP (Todd Day) (04/03/89)

In article <647@icus.islp.ny.us> lenny@icus.islp.ny.us (Lenny Tropiano) writes:
~what even marvelled me more was the "amber screen" ... Hmmm, wonder what
~battery-powered, amber screen upgrade they got for those machines? :-)

My dad works for Convergent, and he saw the amber screens, also.  He
said that some were indeed made that way.  Wish I could have gotten
my hands on one of those instead of this green screen (which I really
don't mind, but I'd prefer amber).
--
-Todd Day-
Internet: todd%ivucsb.UUCP@anise.acc.com

In article <1099@stech.UUCP> sysop@stech.UUCP (Jan Harrington) writes:
~The soap opera Days of Our Lives also has Unix PC's. They are definitely
~plugged in and working. You can hear the characteristic sound of the
~disk drive and you can see the little AT&T logo with the word Working
~when the thing is busy...

I saw that, too... Is Microsoft Word really that slow, though?
--
-Todd Day-
Internet: todd%ivucsb.UUCP@anise.acc.com
    UUCP: {pyramid, ucbvax}!ucsbcsl!nessus!ivucsb!todd
   Other: todd@ivucsb.UUCP may not work yet.

dsueme@chinet.chi.il.us (dave sueme) (04/05/89)

is MS-Word really that slow?   Nope, it is slower.  (I use it anyhow).

dave sueme