[comp.sys.att] ms macros for 3b1?

wouk@romeo.cs.duke.edu (Arthur Wouk) (04/21/89)

does there exist either an implementation of the ms macros for
use with nroff on the 3b1 or a translation program to some other
usable set of macros such as man?

det@nsscb.UUCP (Dennis Erwin Thurlow) (04/29/89)

In article <14264@duke.cs.duke.edu> wouk@romeo.cs.duke.edu (Arthur Wouk) writes:
>does there exist either an implementation of the ms macros for
>use with nroff on the 3b1 or a translation program to some other
>usable set of macros such as man?
AT&T used to sell (don't know if it still does) an enhance editors/doc
preparation set for the 7300. Includes nroff, troff, enhanced vi, mm,
mv, tbl, egn, and all of that stuff. I don't know if it has man.
nsscb!det

wouk@romeo.cs.duke.edu (Arthur Wouk) (05/01/89)

i can close this thread. the ms macros are not in the development set
for 3.51. however, they are the same macros as used on the sun and bsd
unix, at least, and are available from several archives, as was
pointed out to me. i now have them installed.

thanks for all the help.