[net.movies] The Return of Martin Guerre - very slight spoiler

daemon@decwrl.UUCP (12/01/83)

From: Ed Featherston  HL01-1/P06  225-5241 <roll::featherston>

 Begin Forwarded Message:

Newsgroup : net.movies
>From : RAINBO::GREENWOOD
Subject: The Return of Martin Guerre - very slight spoiler

A French film with American subtitles. A true story it is set in a
village in sixteenth century France. Martin Guerre is married, but has
problems with married life, and with his father. Suddenly he
disappears, to return nine years later a changed man. Broader and more
muscular from his years as a soldier he is now an ideal husband, well
liked throughout the village. All is sweetness and light until some
passing vagabonds claim that he is an imposter .........

An excellent movie with the style that we expect from foreign films,
plus the plot that sometimes we do not always expect. See it if you
get a chance.

Afterword
---------
Do movies with subtitles have different subtitles in the UK and the
US, or does the UK get 'I diapered him' ?

      Tim Greenwood   Digital Equipment Co

		Mail address : ...decvax!decwrl!rhea!rainbo!greenwood

 End Forwarded Message