[comp.sys.att] 4 MB on UNIXPC

todd@ivucsb.sba.ca.us (Todd Day) (06/14/89)

I have a Combo Board with 1.5MB in slot three, and a dos73 card in
slot two.  I want to add my 0.5MB card to slot one, but am not sure
how to do it.  This may have been talked about before.  If so, could
someone mail me the instructions?  If not, anyone care to start a
discussion?

I also have another Combo Board.  Maybe I could put 0.5MB in it and
modify it so I could get 4MB plus have 5 serial ports?

--

Todd Day | todd@ivucsb.sba.ca.us | ivucsb!todd@anise.acc.com
"All theory, no practice.  That's the story of my life."

jbm@uncle.UUCP (John B. Milton) (06/17/89)

In article <1989Jun14.042321.511@ivucsb.sba.ca.us> todd@ivucsb.sba.ca.us (Todd Day) writes:
>I have a Combo Board with 1.5MB in slot three, and a dos73 card in
>slot two.  I want to add my 0.5MB card to slot one, but am not sure
>how to do it.  This may have been talked about before.  If so, could
>someone mail me the instructions?  If not, anyone care to start a
>discussion?

This was the subject of HwNotes06 (and added HwNote06.01):
->Subject: Memory boards this time; HwNote06
->Subject: Upgrade to 512k memory board upgrade; HwNote06.01
This describes the complete procedure for how to modify a 0.5M board so that
it will fill out the 2M expansion memory space. I do not have a procedure for
the Combo board, it looked a lot messyier.

I will mail this one to you. I can mail all or part of this to anyone who wants
it. I sent it to someone, who I forget the name of who was going to put all
of it on Compu$erve.

John
--
John Bly Milton IV, jbm@uncle.UUCP, n8emr!uncle!jbm@osu-cis.cis.ohio-state.edu
(614) h:294-4823, w:466-9324; N8KSN, AMPR: 44.70.0.52; Don't FLAME, inform!