[comp.sys.att] Star SG10 Setup & Screen Print

tanya@adds.newyork.NCR.COM (Tanya Katz) (07/05/89)

In his response <11960@s.ms.uky.edu> Eric Durbin writes:
| No, it's not the characters, it's the print mode.  My SG-10 has to be in
| STAR printing mode to perform screen dumps without too much line spacing.
| You have to set DIP switch 2-2 on and powerup the printer for this to work.
| I'm sure your 15-X has a similar setting.

I hate to tell you this, but I checked my printer dip switch settings,
and 2-2 is enabled by default, but the printer still doesn't perform
the screen dumps properly on my 3b1.  On the 7300 however, it works!

What's the trick here?

In <733@icus.islp.ny.us> Lenny Tropiano writes:
|>Probably the easiest thing to do, if the Star Gemini 15-X is like my Star NX10,
|>is to set your printer up as an "Epson" printer.  The Star NX10 by default
|>I believe is Epson compatible, you need to change a dip switch to enable
|>"Star" mode.  Probably best if left as Epson, since almost everything has
|>an Epson driver (including the screen dump) ...

The Star SG10 is NOT in IBM/EPSON mode by default.  You must push DIP
switch 2-2 to the off position to enable IBM mode.  The default is
STAR mode which is set to ON at the factory.  This is according to the manual.

Tanya

| Tanya Katz                  (516) 231-5400 x430 |
| 	...uunet!ncrlnk!adds!tanya                |
| 	tanya.katz@adds.newyork.ncr.com           |
| ADDS Inc, 100 Marcus Blvd, Hauppauge, NY 11788  |