[comp.sys.att] List of people interested in the HD2 board

jbm@uncle.UUCP (John B. Milton) (10/10/89)

Below you will find my current list of people interested in the HD2 hard disk
expansion board. For those of you who do not know about it:
--
	The HD2 board for the AT&T UNIXpc/7300/3b1

The HD2 board is a small 3" x 2.4" PC board that is wired into a UNIXpc. It is
NOT an expansion card, and does not take up an expansion slot.

The board provides:

1. Hardware support for four (4) hard disk drives
2. Support for up to 16 heads per drive.
3. Mother board revision level feedback.
4. Hardware support for two (2) floppy disk drives.

Note that no software is provided. To take advantage of the second hard disk
drive, AT&T UNIX 3.5 or later must be used. There is currently NO software
support for more than two hard disk drives or more than one floppy drive. The
board does not increase the maximum number of cylinders. To use hard disk
drives with more than 1024 cylinders, the WD1010-05 on the mother board must
be replaced with a WD2010.

To install the HD2 board, the motherboard must be removed from the machine,
and several wires and an IC socket must be added. One wire must be cut or
added and an IC pin must be lifted and a wire attached to it. The HD2 board is
designed to be mounted in the space where the left fan is on older machines.
It has been shown that the machine runs cooler with only the right fan
installed, in fact 3b1 machines were not shipped with the left fan. Since
the 7300 and 3b1 power supplies can not support more than one hard drive, it
is assumed that the internal drive will be moved to an external box with the
the second hard drive. A typical configuration is a cheap IBM-PC clone box
and power supply.
--

+ If you are not on the list, or are on the list and still interested, e-mail
  current info, including mailing address and phone number(s). I'm sure some

---
alux2!bonzai!hank@att ()
asuvax.asu.edu!asuvax:sssphx!rl@rutgers ()
cks@ziebmef ()
cs.utexas.edu!vipin@uunet ()
denwa!stb!michael@ucla-an ()
dmk3b1!dmk@uunet ()
ebd@cup.portal.com ()
gonzo!daveb@rtech ()
heurikon!sadler@cs.wisc.edu ()
ihlpf!bamford@att ()
ihlpl!reza0@att ()
john@hcrvax ()
mark@jay.home.nwu.edu ()
mhuxo!gould@att ()
mtunb!DuckPond!jcm@att ()
objctv!kdavid@gizzmo ()
pacbell!lll-winken!gryphon!marque!introl!booth!root1@att ()
scion@utkcs2.cs.utk.edu ()
spdcc!gnosys!gst@bloom-beacon.mit.edu ()
tallis!draper@decwrl.dec.com ()
wjc@ho5cad ()
alundin@charon.unm.edu (Alan F Lundin)
a.d.hay@att.com (Andrew Hay)
trucker@ncoast (Bill Franklin)
sysadm!bjorn@uunet (Bjorn Satdeva)
root@rush.howp.com (Bob Ames)
cmpfen!bob@hoptoad (Bob Breum)
wilber@alice (Bob Wilber)
becker!bdb@dptcdc (Bruce Becker)
bruce@kaspar (Bruce R. Larson)
ccs@lazlo (Clifford C. Skolnick)
ihlpm!cmv@att.com (Craig Votova)
dan@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu (Daniel Williams)
mbf!ll-xn!dquah@heretic.mit.edu (Danny Quah)
dave@arnold (Dave Arnold)
ignatz@chinet.chi.il.us (Dave Ihnat)
dave@galaxia.newport.ri.us (David H. Brierley)
mailrus!ms.uky.edu!david@ames (David Herron)
dklann@grunch (David Klann)
mtgzz!dwex@att.com (David Wexelblat)
marque.mu.edu!doug@uunet (Douglas Harris)
argon!ebh@rutgers (Ed Horch)
eks@kneller,eric@becker (Eric Siegerman)
cs.utexas.edu!juniper!gbh@uunet (Geoffrey B Hoese)
gil@limbic (Gil Kloepfer Jr.)
grs@alobar.att.com (Gregg Siegfried)
jan@bagend (Jan Isley)
jdevries@ads.com (Jeff De Vries)
denwa!jimmy@mbf (Jim Gottlieb)
prlb2!sunbim!syteke!jim@uunet (Jim Sanchez)
n7kbt.wa.com!john@uunet (John Opalko)
wilkes@electron.mips.com (John Wilkes)
jonlab!jon@princeton (Jon H. LaBadie)
judy@moray (Judy Scheltema)
suh@cunixc.cc.columbia.edu (Kenneth Suh)
happym.wa.com!kent@uunet (Kent Forschmiedt)
lenny@icus.islp.ny.us (Lenny Tropiano)
hao.UCAR.EDU!sitongia@uunet (Leonard Sitongia)
anthony@pitt (M. Anthony Kapolka 3)
hartman@abacab,hartman@ihlpm.att.com (Mark A. Hartman)
hybrid!mdapoz@dptcdc (Mark Dapoz)
jhereg.jhereg.mn.org!mark@rutgers (Mark H. Colburn)
mproicou@blackbird.afit.af.mil (Michael C. Proicou)
jvncf.csc.org!angelo@rutgers (Michael F. Angelo)
mkp@mti.mti.com (Michael K. Peterson)
ditto@cbmvax.commodore.com (Mike Ditto)
neville@ads.com (Neville Newman)
pat@rwing (Pat Myrto)
pmm@mips.com (Paul M. Moriarty)
prapc2.pra.com!paulr@rutgers (Paul Raulerson)
paone@aramis.rutgers.edu (Phil Paone)
ralph@rtech (Ralph Harnden)
rrobinson@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Randall W. Robinson)
randy@chinet.chi.il.us (Randy Suess)
spike!rdp@uunet (Richard Palmer)
ncar.ucar.edu!boulder!uswest!rml@ames (Robert Lund)
discg1!cp1.cp.bell-atl.com!hart@dsacg1 (Rod Hart)
mtuxo!mtgzy!rlf@att (Ron Fletcher)
ihlpb!roynh@att (Roy Harkness)
scott@primes (Scott Craig)
steveb@ames!mailrus!sharkey!shade.Ann-Arbor.MI.US (Steve Barber)
scs@itivax.iti.org (Steve C. Simmons)
vsi!friedl@uunet (Steve Friedl)
steve@sq.sq.com (Steve Hurrell)
ihlpl!tlt@att(T. L. Todd)
thad@cup.portal.com (Thad)
ivucsb!todd@comdesign (Todd Day)
lakesys.lakesys.com!tom@uunet (Tom Baas)
megatron!tkacik@rphroy (Tom Tkacik)
ted@cbnews.att.com (Ted Aseltine)

John
--
John Bly Milton IV, jbm@uncle.UUCP, n8emr!uncle!jbm@osu-cis.cis.ohio-state.edu
(614) h:294-4823, w:785-1110; N8KSN, AMPR: 44.70.0.52; Don't FLAME, inform!

sparkie@uhura.cs.wisc.edu (Mark Horn) (10/15/89)

In article <597@uncle.UUCP>, jbm@uncle.UUCP (John B. Milton) writes:
>	The HD2 board for the AT&T UNIXpc/7300/3b1
>+ If you are not on the list, or are on the list and still interested, e-mail
>  current info, including mailing address and phone number(s). I'm sure some
>  of these e-mail addresses are bogus.
>John Bly Milton IV, jbm@uncle.UUCP, n8emr!uncle!jbm@osu-cis.cis.ohio-state.edu
>(614) h:294-4823, w:785-1110; N8KSN, AMPR: 44.70.0.52; Don't FLAME, inform!

Sorry about posting this but my mail to:
	n8emr!uncle!jbm@osu-cis.cis.ohio-state.edu
gave me this:

>We have been unable to contact machine 'uncle' since you queued your job.
>	uncle!mail jbm   (Date 10/12)
>The job will be deleted in several days if the problem is not corrected.
>	Sincerely,
>	n8emr!uucp

Anyway, here's what I wanted to get to John Bly Milton IV...

Hi,

I saw your post about the HD2 project.  I'm interested in getting my name on
that list!!  I have some questions, though.  What's this thing going to cost?
I have a wd2010 chip installed.  I know that as it is, I can't access more
than 8 hds, 1024 cyls unless I add some P5.1 PAL.  Will your HD2 project
and the fact that I've got a wd2010 chip already installed allow me to access
>8hds, 1024 cyls?  How hard is this motherboard mod?  The only thing that I've
done is replace the wd1010 chip with the wd2010 chip, will I be able to do
this?  What tools will I need?

I have purchased and am using a seagate st251-1 on my 3b1 now.  I still have
the Miniscribe 20megger sitting around.  I'd like to use it as a second drive.
Please put me on your list for this thing!!

Here are the official stats:

Me:	  Mark J. Horn
US Mail:  123 N. Orchard #236
	  Madison, WI  53715
ARPA:	  madnix!harier!sparkie@cs.wisc.edu,
UUCP:	  {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!harier!sparkie
Phone:	  +1 608 264 3883

Would you please send confirmation to me, so that I know that you got my
mail!!

Thanks,
- sparkie
---
p.s.	Please reply to one of the following addresses and NOT the one
	listed above.  Thanks!