[comp.sys.att] 3b1 layers

mjm@atti07.ATT.COM (Michael Matthews x7776) (10/20/89)

In article <10419@attcan.UUCP>, hjespers@attcan.UUCP (Hans Jespersen) writes:
> From article <WJC.89Oct16104701@hoswjc.hoswjc.ATT.COM>, by wjc@hoswjc.ATT.COM (Bill Carpenter):
> to have the complete DMD environment. Then the next step
> would be to get 'layers' up, perhaps through the use of the
> existing window drivers.

I have a copy of layers for the 3B1 3.51 but I've never used it.
E-mail me if you would like it though I'm not sure how I can get it
to anyone.

Mike Matthews
ATT International

mvadh@cbnews.ATT.COM (andrew.d.hay) (10/20/89)

In article <292@atti07.ATT.COM> mjm@atti07.ATT.COM (Michael Matthews x7776) writes:
"
"In article <10419@attcan.UUCP>, hjespers@attcan.UUCP (Hans Jespersen) writes:
"> From article <WJC.89Oct16104701@hoswjc.hoswjc.ATT.COM>, by wjc@hoswjc.ATT.COM (Bill Carpenter):
"> to have the complete DMD environment. Then the next step
"> would be to get 'layers' up, perhaps through the use of the
"> existing window drivers.
">
"I have a copy of layers for the 3B1 3.51 but I've never used it.
"E-mail me if you would like it though I'm not sure how I can get it
"to anyone.

this isn't the same thing; i have it too, and it's the layers *HOST*
package, not a dmd emulator.

--
Andrew Hay		+------------------------------------------------------+
Clay Fancier		|		    SAVE THE SKEETS!		       |

mjm@atti07.ATT.COM (Michael Matthews x7776) (10/21/89)

Sorry to confuse anyone but, after reading the doc, the
layers software I have only supports the 630/620/615 terminals
attached to a 3b1 much like the 3b2 software but does not
support the 3b1 console. If you still want it, please re-send
Further I'm having trouble reading the install diskette.
I read it cpio toc once and now cannot read it or unload it
but I'll keep trying on other machines ( we several 3b1's laying
around ).

Mike Matthews
ATT International

mjm@atti07.ATT.COM (Michael Matthews x7776) (10/21/89)

IGNORE THIS >> IGNORE THIS >> IGNORE THIS
Let's pretend I never said this:
>I have a copy of layers for the 3B1 3.51 but I've never used it.
>E-mail me if you would like it though I'm not sure how I can get it
>to anyone.
>
>Mike Matthews
>ATT International

I've had my wrist slapped. It turns out
layers is still an actual product available
from ATT. Honest, I didn't realize.
My copy is just on scratch diskette.
I don't believe it's the product most are looking for anyway.
The interest seems in layers for the 3B1 console.

MJM
CAME IN THE MAIL:
!	Xt/Layers is part of the UNIX Utilities Package for the UNIXPC version
!3.51.  We sell this, it is NOT FOR FREE !!!!
!
!	Hell of a deal when an AT&T employee starts giving away for free what generates
!revenue to pay his salary !
!
!	If someone wants the software, all he has to do is purchase the package.  Call PARTS - 1-800-222-7278 and request it.  They take MC/VISA/AE.
!
!
!--
!		Rick Calder, AT&T National Systems Support Center
!		      [att!]rick!rick     rick@rick.att.com
!				attmail!rcalder

I thought the 3b1 had been relegated to boat-anchor status
anyway at ATT.