[comp.sys.att] 3b2 ethernet

kemp@bgsuvax.UUCP (old man from scene 24) (10/26/89)

Greetings,
	We have 2 3b2/300 computers with the AT&T 3bNET interface's
and we are trying to connect to our ethernet system with Sun's and
Vax's. Does anyone know where we can get TCP/IP software for the 3B2?

Thanks in advance.

wade
--

	- Wade Kemp
	UUCP:	...!cbosgd!osu-cis!bgsuvax!kemp

mvadh@cbnews.ATT.COM (andrew.d.hay) (10/26/89)

In article <5052@bgsuvax.UUCP> kemp@bgsuvax.UUCP (old man from scene 24) writes:
"Greetings,
"	We have 2 3b2/300 computers with the AT&T 3bNET interface's
"and we are trying to connect to our ethernet system with Sun's and
"Vax's. Does anyone know where we can get TCP/IP software for the 3B2?

at&t sells a wollongong tcp/ip pkg.  there are 3 pec codes; i'm not
sure which one is the 'best', but you want either 1040-te1, 1040-te2,
or 1040-teu.

we have 3b2s, unix-pcs, vaxes, suns, 6386s, and amdahls in our network...

--
Andrew Hay		+------------------------------------------------------+
Clay Fancier		|		    SAVE THE SKEETS!		       |

pag@tcsc3b2.tcsc.com (Philip A. Gross) (10/27/89)

kemp@bgsuvax.UUCP (old man from scene 24) writes:

>Greetings,
>	We have 2 3b2/300 computers with the AT&T 3bNET interface's
>and we are trying to connect to our ethernet system with Sun's and
>Vax's. Does anyone know where we can get TCP/IP software for the 3B2?

>Thanks in advance.

>wade
>--

Wade-

The only TCP/IP software that I know that is available for the AT&T 3B2
is from Wollongong.  However, AT&T is the only source for this software.
I believe that since we are an AT&T direct VAR we can get ahold of this
for you if your a serious about your need.

On a side note, I would be interested if anyone else knew of another and
possibly cheaper source for TCP/IP for the AT&T 3B2 3BNET card.

Philip A. Gross       The Computer Solution Co., Inc.       Voice: 804-794-3491
INTERNET:	pag@tcsc3b2.tcsc.com
USENET:		...!tcsc3b2!pag
UUCP:		tcsc3b2!pag	(804)794-1514
ATTMAIL:	attmail!tcsc3b2!pag
        The opinions expressed here are strictly mine and nobody elses.
        << I haven't heard what I have to say about that yet. >> :-)

rkh@mtune.ATT.COM (Robert Halloran) (10/27/89)

In article <10631@cbnews.ATT.COM> mvadh@cbnews.ATT.COM (andrew.d.hay,54242,wi,1d007,508 374 5484) writes:
>In article <5052@bgsuvax.UUCP> kemp@bgsuvax.UUCP (old man from scene 24) writes:
>"Greetings,
>"	We have 2 3b2/300 computers with the AT&T 3bNET interface's
>"and we are trying to connect to our ethernet system with Sun's and
>"Vax's. Does anyone know where we can get TCP/IP software for the 3B2?
>
>at&t sells a wollongong tcp/ip pkg.  there are 3 pec codes; i'm not
>sure which one is the 'best', but you want either 1040-te1, 1040-te2,
>or 1040-teu.

If you're running SVr2 on your 3B2's get the 1040-te1 (v1.0) version (character-based).

If you're running SVr3 get 1274-TB3, version 3.0.1 (streams based, allows for RFS, etc).

I have no idea what either of them cost on the outside.

						Bob Halloran
						Distributed Programming Tools Group
UUCP: ...!att!mtune!rkh			DDD: (201)957-6034
Internet:   rkh@mtune.ATT.COM
USPS: AT&T Bell Labs, 200 Laurel Ave Rm 3G-314 Middletown NJ 07748

dug@kd4nc.UUCP (Doug Drye KD4NC) (10/29/89)

A.T.&T. sells WIN/3B for the 3B2
I believe that the current version is 3.0
I have no experience with it at this time, but plan to in the
future.
I looked over the docs, it appears to be a pretty complete
implementation.

--
Doug Drye KD4NC