[comp.sys.att] System V R4 Announcement?

fmcgee@cuuxb.ATT.COM (~XT6561110~Frank McGee~C23~L25~6326~) (11/08/89)

In article <4525@emory.mathcs.emory.edu> km@mathcs.emory.edu (Ken Mandelberg) writes:
>Can anyone post the text of the AT&T System V R4 annoucement
>that was made at Unix Expo?
>Did they announce availability of a binary product for
>AT&T 3B platforms, and is so which ones?

It's probably not worth typing in all the text of the
announcement.  Basically it said that the Unix Software
Operation (USO) is now shipping 4.0 source code to OEM's.
There was no announcement of a binary product, since each OEM
will have to adapt the source code product to their
architectures.  Since AT&T Computer Systems is an OEM to the
USO, they just saw the final source code product recently too.

We have beta 386 4.0 loaded on a 6386/25 here, but I haven't
seen anything for 3B's.

--
Frank McGee, AT&T
Tier 3 Indirect Channel Sales Support