[comp.sys.att] Thad Floryan

yoshio@ucrmath.UCR.EDU (yoshio nakamura) (12/05/89)

	If your name isn't Thad Floryan, hit 'n' now!

	I tried to reach you by email to thad@cup.portal.com, but it's been
a week and you've posted since then, so you must not have received my email.
Is some link down?

	Anyway, I'm interested in buying one of the AT&T 3B1's you posted
about in comp.sys.amiga.  Would I have to buy the C compiler separately from
the hardware?  I was looking through the May 1986 Byte, and it mentioned that
the C compiler (and the rest of the development kit) was selling separately,
for $400!  What manuals come with the hardware? What do I need to purchase
separately to make it a usable home Unix box?  I'm a computer science major,
and all I really need is a C compiler, Unix, and a cheap Unix box.  Could you
send me details on how I would go about purchasing a 3B1 through your user's
group?

Thanks,

-yoshio

(sorry for the usa distribution, but I don't know where Portal gets usenet from)
Yoshio Nakamura                      Internet: yoshio@ucrmath.ucr.edu
University of Calif., Riverside      uucp: {ucsd, uci, ucdavis}!ucrmath!yoshio

jarrett@gremlin.ucsd.edu (Brooke Jarrett) (12/06/89)

Thad,
	I have also tried to get a message (or two) to you through
your posted address.  I have 2 or 3 friends (and myself) who would
love to get ahold of those 3B1's you described.  One of them lives in
Milpitas, and has cash in his hands 8-)  Please talk back to us.
				Brooke Jarrett
				bjarrett@ucsd.edu		(work)
				ucsd!sdsu!berick!delbr!brooke	(home)
				(619)-534-7764			(work)
				(619)-588-4114			(home)

flinton@eagle.wesleyan.edu (12/06/89)

In article <2894@ucrmath.UCR.EDU>, yoshio@ucrmath.UCR.EDU (yoshio nakamura) writes:

> 	If your name isn't Thad Floryan, hit 'n' now!
>
> 	I tried to reach you by email to thad@cup.portal.com, but it's been
> a week and you've posted since then, so you must not have received my email.
> Is some link down?

Ditto here -- trying via uunet, via sun, via ames, generating "host unknown"
messages from somewhere en route nearly every time.

> 	Anyway, I'm interested in buying one of the AT&T 3B1's you posted
> about in comp.sys.amiga. ...  Could you send me details on how ...

Me too -- where else could I ever find a 80 Meg HD w/ superintelligent
controller for just $400.- ?  Many, many thanks.	 -- Fred

(F.E.J. Linton, Math. Dept., Wesleyan U., Middletown CT 06457) (+1 203 776 2210)
<flinton@eagle.Wesleyan.EDU>,<flinton@WESLEYAN[.bitnet]>,<...!attmail!fejlinton>

dsmall@well.UUCP (David Small) (12/10/89)

I also am interested in the 3b1's. Please give me a ring. I tried the
portal address and it bounced.

	-- thanks, Dave / Gadgets

pb@plato.cs.wisc.edu (PB Schechter) (12/13/89)

I'm also interested in one of "your" 3b1s, but don't seem to have
succeeded in getting mail through.  Please mail me, or call at (608)
262-4838.

Thanks.

PB Schechter
pb@cs.wisc.edu