[comp.sys.att] getting out of windows

john@chinet.chi.il.us (John Mundt) (12/15/89)

I've got a curses program that hangs because it is run from a
window.  How do I get the user agent to give up the window environment
and just run the application as if it were just a plain terminal?

Somewhere I remember an easy solution but I can't find it now.
--
---------------------
John Mundt   Teachers' Aide, Inc.  P.O. Box 1666  Highland Park, IL

donlash@uncle.UUCP (Donald Lashomb) (12/15/89)

In article <1989Dec14.170943.912@chinet.chi.il.us> john@chinet.chi.il.us (John Mundt) writes:
>I've got a curses program that hangs because it is run from a
>window.  How do I get the user agent to give up the window environment
>and just run the application as if it were just a plain terminal?
>
>Somewhere I remember an easy solution but I can't find it now.

Check out UA(4) in your manual.  If you use the -d option on the line that
calls the application from your ua control files ($UA/Office, $UA/Suffix, etc)
that will run the application in a "dimensionless" (ie full-screen) window.
eg:
	Open = EXEC -d /usr/local/bin/yourappl
or-
	Run = SH -d /usr/bin/script

hope this helps -Don

rochlin@arktos.pa.dec.com (Max Rochlin) (12/16/89)

You can create an entry in the  /usr/lib/ua/Office that looks like

Name= MenuName
Default = Run
Run = EXEC -wd /path/to/your/app

to add a windowless application to the Office menu.  MenuName is the
Name you want to appear in the Office of {user}  menu.

Hope this helps...Max

|		       Revenons a nos moutons...                |
|   rochlin@decwrl.dec.com       {sun,uunet}saxony!madmax!max   |
|   rochlin@arktos.pa.dec.com                apple!madmax!max   |