[comp.sys.att] AT&T 7300 Tape drive wanted

rhg@cpsolv.UUCP (Richard H. Gumpertz) (12/20/89)

I am looking for a tape drive for my AT&T 7300.  Does anyone have one that
they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price?
| Richard H. Gumpertz rhg%cpsolv@uunet.uu.NET -or- ...uunet!amgraf!cpsolv!rhg |
| Computer Problem Solving, 8905 Mohawk Lane, Leawood, Kansas 66206-1749      |

gak@gakbox.Sun.COM (Richard Stueven) (12/20/89)

In article <468@cpsolv.UUCP> rhg@cpsolv.uucp (Richard H. Gumpertz) writes:
>I am looking for a tape drive for my AT&T 7300.  Does anyone have one that
>they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price?

Likewise here...

thx
gak

Richard Stueven                                  gak@sun.com

***These opinions belong to Ernie and his little pal Gus.***
              ***He's mad!  Mad, I tell you!***

lenny@icus.islp.ny.us (Lenny Tropiano) (12/21/89)

In article <468@cpsolv.UUCP> rhg@cpsolv.uucp (Richard H. Gumpertz) writes:
|>I am looking for a tape drive for my AT&T 7300.  Does anyone have one that
|>they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price?
|>--

The tape mechanism is a Cipher Model 525 tape drive.  The controller board,
of course, is proprietary and can only be gotten through AT&T.   If you
were able to get a controller, finding a cheap mechanism, small case
and power supply (like I did) is real easy.

You _used_ to be able to purchase at full retail price the controller boards
directly from AT&T National Parts (800) 222-PART, but the company I work for
tried that today and was informed that they will not sell you boards, unless
you have one broken for a trade.

Parts are getting scarce...

-Lenny
--
| Lenny Tropiano            ICUS Software Systems      lenny@icus.islp.ny.us |
| {ames,pacbell,decuac,hombre,sbcs,attctc}!icus!lenny     attmail!icus!lenny |

donlash@uncle.UUCP (Donald Lashomb) (12/22/89)

In article <468@cpsolv.UUCP> rhg@cpsolv.uucp (Richard H. Gumpertz) writes:
>I am looking for a tape drive for my AT&T 7300.  Does anyone have one that
>they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price?
>--

I'd like to buy a tape drive too - anyone know a good source?

-Don	donlash@uncle.UUCP

rwright@novavax.UUCP (Ronald K. Wright) (12/24/89)

In article <644@uncle.UUCP> donlash@uncle.UUCP (Donald Lashomb) writes:
>In article <468@cpsolv.UUCP> rhg@cpsolv.uucp (Richard H. Gumpertz) writes:
>>I am looking for a tape drive for my AT&T 7300.  Does anyone have one that
>>they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price?
>>--
>

>I'd like to buy a tape drive too - anyone know a good source?
>
>-Don	donlash@uncle.UUCP

I have done quite a bit of business with Discovery Electronics in
Atlanta Ga.  They said Friday 22 Dec 1989 that they had several of the
tape drives.  I dont remember what they said they wanted, but these
guys will deal pretty well.

I dont have their number in this machine, try 1 800 555 1212 and ask
for Discovery Electronics and they will give it to you.

--
R. K. Wright MD JD                     | office: uunet!medex2!medexam!rkw
Chief Medical Examiner, Broward County | nova:   novavax!rwright