[comp.sys.att] Call screen of async emulator

cazier@mbunix.mitre.org (Cazier) (03/28/90)

Why is it that over the last 4 years of owning the PC7300 I have
continually had problems with screens popping up in the middle of work
for no reason at all. One prime example is the "call screen" pops
up in the middle of a vt100 emulation session and is sometimes
nearly impossible to get rid of. Was there some kind of path sent out
by AT&T to cover this problem? Support on this product was the worst
of any computer I've ever had...and the support was supplied by AT&T not
some third party.
--
Jacques Cazier (713)-333-0966
{decvax,philabs}!linus!mbunix!jak or jak@mbunix.mitre.org

donlash@uncle.UUCP (Donald Lashomb) (03/29/90)

In article <105051@linus.UUCP> cazier@mbunix.mitre.org (Cazier) writes:
>Why is it that over the last 4 years of owning the PC7300 I have
>continually had problems with screens popping up in the middle of work
>for no reason at all. One prime example is the "call screen" pops
>up in the middle of a vt100 emulation session and is sometimes
>nearly impossible to get rid of. Was there some kind of path sent out
>by AT&T to cover this problem? Support on this product was the worst

This was fixed with a new version of /usr/bin/async_main in FixDisk1
aka kernel ver 3.51a .  The fixed version of async_main is also supplied
with FixDisk2 aka kernel ver 3.51m .  All you had to do was call the
AT&T Hotline and ask (and beg and explain it was free and ... :-)
FixDisk2 is available for electronic download from several places.

-Don