[comp.sys.att] Desperately seeking: WIN/TCP for 3b1

sja@swbatl.sbc.com (9080) (04/10/90)

	This may be a fruiteless search, but nonetheless, I'm trying to
	track down WIN/TCP for 3b1.  I've only 'heard' of it's existence,
	but if anyone has a copy for sale, a lead, etc., etc. please let
	me know.

	Any and all help much appreciated.
  Steve Adams - SWBT - 121 Dean A. McGee - Rm. 976  Okla. City, Ok.
	  UUCP: { pyramid, uunet, bellcore }...!swbatl!sja

kanishka@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (04/12/90)

In article <1314@swbatl.sbc.com>, sja@swbatl.sbc.com (9080) writes:
> 	This may be a fruiteless search, but nonetheless, I'm trying to
> 	track down WIN/TCP for 3b1.  I've only 'heard' of it's existence,
> 	but if anyone has a copy for sale, a lead, etc., etc. please let
> 	me know.
>
> 	Any and all help much appreciated.
> --
>   Steve Adams - SWBT - 121 Dean A. McGee - Rm. 976  Okla. City, Ok.
> 	  UUCP: { pyramid, uunet, bellcore }...!swbatl!sja

I tried mailing to sja@swbatl.sbc.com, but it bounced, so I am posting to
the net.

I have the "Enhanced TCP/IP WIN/3b Lan interface for the Unix PC",
Software & manuals (still shrinkwrapped!), Itemized as follows:

    software: 5 diskettes, TCP/IP WIN/3B applications, version 1.4
    manuals : users guide, administrators guide, programmer's reference.

If you are interested, drop me a note. I would be most interested
if someone would be willing to trade the above for a complete and
up-to-date 3.51m(?) foundation and development set, since my current
version of the system is 3.5.

Kanishka de Lanerolle, Systems Manager
University of Kansas Computer Science Department.

e-mail : kanishka@csvax.cs.ukans.edu (internet)
         kanishka@ukanvax            (bitnet)

elliston@av8tr.UUCP (Keith Elliston) (04/12/90)

Just for us novices out there.... how does one get TCP/IP running on
a 3B1?  How do you get the damn thing on the ethernet in the first place?

I have a 3B1 that I would love to get up on our ethernet, but I dont have
a clue as to how to do that.  Also.. since we use TCP/IP a lot, it would
be great to have that running as well.  Can someone explain how this can
be done (hopefully affordably).

Thanks

Keith

uunet!av8tr!elliston

mvadh@cbnews.ATT.COM (andrew.d.hay) (04/13/90)

In article <125@av8tr.UUCP> elliston@av8tr.UUCP (Keith Elliston) writes:
"
"Just for us novices out there.... how does one get TCP/IP running on
"a 3B1?  How do you get the damn thing on the ethernet in the first place?

you need a card (now very scarce) and the recently-mentioned software.
installation and admin. is very simple (for me, anyway ;^>)

--
Ragged Individualist	|	 But I thought we were *ALL* iconoclasts!      |