[net.movies] id AA25676; Thu, 23 Feb 84 00:48:09 pst

lipman@decwrl.UUCP (02/23/84)

Date: Thursday, 23 Feb 1984 00:52:27-PST
From: akov68::boyajian
To: net.movies
Subject: re: The infamous Karate movie

	I haven't seen too many martial arts movies, but I do generally enjoy
the ones that I have seen (except for the excreable ones on USA Network's KUNG
FU THEATER). ENTER THE DRAGON is undeniably the best of the lot. I, too liked
THE CHALLENGE, though I think the distinction between "karate" and "samurai"
movies should be made; THE CHALLENGE belongs in the latter category, along with
YOJIMBO, THE SEVEN SAMURAI, etc. I envy many of my friends in Minneapolis who
got to see at a theater there last month the film ZATOICHI VS. YOJIMBO.
	At any rate, one karate movie that I thought was quite good, believe it
or not, was BLACK BELT JONES, starring Jim Kelly (the black member of the ENTER
THE DRAGON trio).

				  --- jayembee
				      (Jerry Boyajian, DEC Maynard)
				UUCP: (decvax!decwrl!rhea!akov68!boyajian)
				ARPA: (decwrl!rhea!akov68!boyajian@Shasta)