[net.movies] id AA26509; Thu, 23 Feb 84 02:25:00 pst

lipman@decwrl.UUCP (02/23/84)

Date: Thursday, 23 Feb 1984 02:09:27-PST
From: thrint::pilgrim  (Alf Pilgrim UOS DECpark, REO/G5, x3451)
To: net.movies
Subject: Superman I query

OK so I know this goes back a long way but the recent correspondence
on Superman II coupled with  a query I received from a friend who has
just seen the film for the first time a couple of weeks ago(!) has
prompted me to write.

At the end of Superman I, the megahero is so upset that Lois has died
(or at least in very very ill!) that he wizzes around the earth and
effectively ends up in the past. Whereupon he saves his true love
from getting crushed to death in the earthquake.

Now the question is, if Superman has gone back in time to save Lois
what happens to all the other people who should have been saved by
him (from the dam, the kiddies on the school bus etc)?

My own guess is that the Superman that belongs in the past carries on
saving these people while the Superman from the future concentrates on
Lois. That means that at that time there are *two* Supermans in one
timeframe. Can anyone confirm this or correct me if i'm wrong?

Replies by MAIL please, I'll post a summary if required.

				cheers

				...decwrl::rhea::thrint::pilgrim