[net.movies] Kryptonite

disc@houxz.UUCP (S.BERRY) (03/06/84)

> How likely would it have been that an exploding planet light years
> away would have caused a rain of Kryptonite meteors on Earth? Hell,
> even *one* is improbable!

It has been established in the comics, at one time or another, that
a space warp existed near Krypton that "connected" it to Earth's
system.  Kal-El came to Earth through this warp.  This also explains
how the Kryptonians knew so much about us.  When Krypton exploded, much
of the debris entered the warp, and thus the preponderance of that
radioactive killer, Kryptonite.  By the way, a small amount of this debris
passed through some sort of radioactive, "cosmic" cloud (perhaps a
nebula of sorts) before entering the warp, causing it to change form
into Red (seen in Supes III) and Gold Kryptonite.  All other forms
(isotopes) of the element were, I believe, artificially created.

				SJBerry

daemon@decwrl.UUCP (03/09/84)

From: akov68::boyajian

> It has been established in the comics, at one time or another, that
> a space warp existed near Krypton that "connected" it to Earth's
> system.  Kal-El came to Earth through this warp.  This also explains
> how the Kryptonians knew so much about us.  When Krypton exploded, much
> of the debris entered the warp, and thus the preponderance of that
> radioactive killer, Kryptonite.  By the way, a small amount of this debris
> passed through some sort of radioactive, "cosmic" cloud (perhaps a
> nebula of sorts) before entering the warp, causing it to change form
> into Red (seen in Supes III) and Gold Kryptonite.  All other forms
> (isotopes) of the element were, I believe, artificially created.

				SJBerry

Hmmmm. Since I am a comic reader, I do know much of the "history" of Kryptonite.
I don't recall the business about the space warp, though, but then, I've never
been *that* strong a follower of Superman in the comics. As for the "Red" K in
SUPERMAN III, well, it *acted* like Red K, but it sure didn't *look* red.

				  --- jayembee
				      (Jerry Boyajian, DEC Maynard)
				UUCP: (decvax!decwrl!rhea!akov68!boyajian)
				ARPA: (decwrl!rhea!akov68!boyajian@Shasta)