[comp.sys.att] PowerPorts error message

beauchem@terre.DMI.USherb.CA (Denis Beauchemin) (12/12/90)

Hi all,

On one of our client's machine we often get the folloging message:

Restart PowerPorts Software Card 1
Powerload: Error(6): ioctl (on reset)
Failed!

The system runs fine (even after the error message), but it annoys them (and
us!).  Would someone have an explanation for it?

The card is an AT&T PowerPorts with 8 lines.  The software version of the
driver is 6.3 and the computer is a 6386/25 MHz....

Thanks a lot!

=== Denis Beauchemin,  === beauchem@DMI.USherb.CA ===
=== Dir. R&D           ==============================
=== Sisca Informatique === I speak for myself...  ===
=== (819) 564-4003.    ==============================

aland@informix.com (Colonel Panic) (12/13/90)

In article <1990Dec11.185134.28919@DMI.USherb.CA> beauchem@terre.DMI.USherb.CA (Denis Beauchemin) writes:
>Hi all,
>
>On one of our client's machine we often get the folloging message:
>
>Restart PowerPorts Software Card 1
>Powerload: Error(6): ioctl (on reset)
>Failed!
>
>The system runs fine (even after the error message), but it annoys them (and
>us!).  Would someone have an explanation for it?
>
>The card is an AT&T PowerPorts with 8 lines.  The software version of the
>driver is 6.3 and the computer is a 6386/25 MHz....

Sounds suspicious.  Did you ask Consensys about it?  I've been running
6 6386E/33's with the 16-port versions of the same card without a burp
for almost a year.  (Mostly, with version 5.1 of the software; I just
upgraded to version 6.32 with no problems thus far).

--
Alan Denney      aland@informix.com      {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland

I'm Pro-Anarchy...   and I Vote!