[comp.sys.att] Mount Table problems with multiple partitions on 3B1

elliot@alfred.UUCP (Elliot Dierksen) (12/20/90)

I am having an odd problem. I recently installed a Priam 519 (Thanx Augustine!)
in my 3B1 and I have the drive split into several (5) partitions. I am using
the enhanced /etc/rc from ICUS (Thanx to Gil & Lenny) to mount the file
systems. However after a boot, all the file systems are mounted but a df
only show the root partition. I run the same script that I use to rebuild
the mount table in /etc/rc after the boot and it rebuild the mount table
correctly.  Strange!!!   Any suggestions out there??

Thanx,

EBD
--
Elliot Dierksen    "Religion & Sex are Powerplays.  Manipulate the people for
                    Money they pay.  Selling Skin, Selling God.  The Numbers

elliot@alfred.UUCP (Elliot Dierksen) (12/22/90)

Ward Griffiths of Convergent/Unisys writes:
> The odds are that the file systems are mounted and then the mount
> table is being trashed later on in the rc script.

BULLSEYE!!!  The offending entry is in /etc/.cleanup..

Thanks a bunch for the help!!

EBD
--

bdb@becker.UUCP (Bruce D. Becker) (12/29/90)

In article <1990Dec20.002625.331@alfred.UUCP> elliot@alfred.UUCP (Elliot Dierksen) writes:
|I am having an odd problem. I recently installed a Priam 519 (Thanx Augustine!)
|in my 3B1 and I have the drive split into several (5) partitions. I am using
|the enhanced /etc/rc from ICUS (Thanx to Gil & Lenny) to mount the file
|systems. However after a boot, all the file systems are mounted but a df
|only show the root partition. I run the same script that I use to rebuild
|the mount table in /etc/rc after the boot and it rebuild the mount table
|correctly.  Strange!!!   Any suggestions out there??

	In the "/etc/rc" script you will find this line (usually):

		for i in .cleanup .lpstartsched .phinit .modeminit wmgr smgr

	Looking in "/etc/.cleanup" produces this:

		# Clean out and initialize the mount table
		> /etc/mnttab
		devnm / | setmnt
		/etc/mountable

		[...]

	You can fix this easily  8^)
	I know about it because I had the same exact
	problem and spent much sweat on it...

Cheers,
--
  ,u,	 Bruce Becker	Toronto, Ontario