[comp.sys.att] Precompiled Kermit for the 3b2

artur@milton.u.washington.edu (Peter Loron) (03/03/91)

Greetings.I am looking for a compiled executable of Kermit that will run on
a 3b2 running System V R3.  I have the source, but am unable to make it compile
properly.

In article <17533@milton.u.washington.edu> artur@milton.u.washington.edu (Peter Loron) writes:
>Greetings.I am looking for a compiled executable of Kermit that will run on
>a 3b2 running System V R3.  I have the source, but am unable to make it
>compile properly.

	As far as I can recall, the problems are trivial to fix if you have
the source.  We have it running with SVR3.2 on 3B2-300's to 3B2-500's.

	Here is what I remember:

(1)	Change the name of a kermit function "unchar()" to something
	*else* because it conflicts with a typedef by that name.
	One of these program module locations is in a "wart" input file;
	don't ask why I have explicit recollection of this. :-)

(2)	Change the type declaration of some signal(2) return variables
	from "int" to (void).  You can grep through the source files
	and easily find these locations.

	Perform the above changes and type "make att3bx", and it should
fly - at least if you have the same version of C-Kermit that we have.

Larry Lippman @ Recognition Research Corp.  "Have you hugged your cat today?"
VOICE: 716/688-1231       {boulder, rutgers, watmath}!ub!kitty!larry
FAX:   716/741-9635   [note: ub=acsu.buffalo.edu] uunet!/      \aerion!larry