[comp.sys.att] 3b1 unixpc 7300 newsgroup archives, where are they?

tom@afthree.as.arizona.edu (Thomas J. Trebisky) (03/14/91)

I posted a general question about the unix-PC last week, thanks to a number
of helpful individuals who sent me detailed information.  Partly as a
result of that, I am now the proud owner of several (new to me) 7300
unix-PC's.

Having watched this group for all of 2 weeks or so, I realize there must
be a wealth of information to a newcomer such as I in the past history
of the newsgroup.  Does anyone know if and where this group might be
archived ?
--
	Tom Trebisky	ttrebisky@as.arizona.edu	(Internet)
	Steward Observatory	University of Arizona	Tucson, Arizona

thad@public.BTR.COM (Thaddeus P. Floryan) (03/14/91)

In article <1220@organpipe.UUCP> tom@afthree.as.arizona.edu (Thomas J. Trebisky) writes:

>I posted a general question about the unix-PC last week, thanks to a number
>of helpful individuals who sent me detailed information.  Partly as a
>result of that, I am now the proud owner of several (new to me) 7300
>unix-PC's.
>
>Having watched this group for all of 2 weeks or so, I realize there must
>be a wealth of information to a newcomer such as I in the past history
>of the newsgroup.  Does anyone know if and where this group might be
>archived ?

For many years, the unix-pc.* (often crossposted to comp.sys.att) newsgroups
carried a LOT of good information; since January 1991 the comp.sys.3b1 and
comp.sources.3b1 are overlapping unix-pc.* (which goes away in a month or so).

Most of the programs and technical discertations are archived at osu-cis,
aka cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu, and a other places.  uunet is presently
archiving the comp.sources.3b1 material.

Since approx. mid-1987 I've "archived" nearly every article in any newsgroup
having anything pertaining to the 7300/3B1/UNIXPC and now that our Users'
Group has an officially-elected Librarian, we're going to organize that
material and make it available on (at least one) West Coast archive site
and (hopefully) also at osu-cis.

Please remember that all (most?) of us have full-time jobs (or school) which
often requires that we spend time doing something OTHER than 3B1/7300 stuff,
so don't expect miracles overnight.  :-)

Thad Floryan [ thad@btr.com (OR) {decwrl, mips, fernwood}!btr!thad ]

mvadh@cbnews.att.com (andrew.d.hay) (03/14/91)

In article <1220@organpipe.UUCP> tom@afthree.as.arizona.edu (Thomas J. Trebisky) writes:
"
"I posted a general question about the unix-PC last week, thanks to a number
"of helpful individuals who sent me detailed information.  Partly as a
"result of that, I am now the proud owner of several (new to me) 7300
"unix-PC's.
"
"Having watched this group for all of 2 weeks or so, I realize there must
"be a wealth of information to a newcomer such as I in the past history
"of the newsgroup.  Does anyone know if and where this group might be
"archived ?

first of all, you should be watching comp.sys.3b1 & comp.sources.3b1;
these are just for the att unix-pc.

our archive site is cheops.cis.ohio-state.edu.  it is loaded with a
dizzying assortment of stuff that has been contributed over the past 5
years or so...

--
Ragged Individualist	| 			JAAAAAAANE!		       |