[net.movies] "V" responses

goun@elmer.DEC (Roger H. Goun) (04/27/84)

Several people asked for a summary of the replies I got to my question
about "V," NBC's SF miniseries.  Here they are, but I'm afraid they don't
settle much.

					-- Roger Goun

ARPA:    goun%elmer.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA, goun%elmer.DEC@Purdue-Merlin.ARPA
UUCP:    {allegra, decvax, ucbvax}!decwrl!rhea!elmer!goun
USPS:    Digital Equipment Corp., HLO2-2/H13
         77 Reed Road; Hudson, MA 01749
MCIMail: RGoun
Tel:     (617) 568-6311

---------------

From:	ROLL::FEATHERSTON  "Ed Featherston  HLO1-1/P06  225-5241"   27-APR-1984 07:39
To:	ELMER::GOUN
Subj:	re: NBC'S "V"

	Word has it that this coming Sunday/Monday NBC will air the
	original episodes ( April 29,30 ) and the new "final" episodes
	will be aired the following week ( May 6,7 ). This information
	was gleaned from net.tv a couple of days ago, so I don't know
	how valid it is.

					/ed featherston/
				DEC Advanced Semiconductor Development Group

	(DEC E-NET)	ROLL::FEATHERSTON
	(UUCP)		{decvax, ucbvax, allegra}!decwrl!rhea!roll!featherston
	(ARPA)		featherston%roll.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA
			featherston%roll.DEC@Purdue-Merlin.ARPA

---------------

From:	RHEA::DECWRL::"allegra!abnjh!cbspt005"   27-APR-1984 10:58
To:	elmer::goun

Date: Fri, 27 Apr 84 10:56:43 est
Apparently-To: decwrl!rhea!elmer!goun

Re: "V"

The conclusion is SIX hours, for a total of 10 hours for the entire
series.  I believe it will run for three nights, 2 hrs. per.
-Eric Carter
AT&T-IS
Morristown, NJ
abnjh!cbspt005

---------------

From:	RHEA::DECWRL::"moriarty@uw-june" "Jeffrey Meyer"   27-APR-1984 12:29
To:	goun@elmer.DEC
Subj:	RE: NBC's "V"

Date: 27 Apr 1984 09:27:49-PST

I know that (supposedly) the "Final Battle" will be broadcast May the 6th
(according to the latest TV Guide).  However, I just read the new TV Guide,
and can nowhere find a listing for the repeat episodes (at least not until
next Friday, the 4th).  Which means a) they're going to show all repeat
episodes on Saturday night, the 5th (unlikely), b) "The Final battle" is a
conglomerate of both the old and new episodes, or c) They're NOT going to
show the old episodes.  Please drop me a line when you find out!

The Napoleon of Crime  |  Currently skulking around
                       |  UUCP:
         MORIARTY      |   {ihnp4,decvax,tektronix}!uw-beaver!uw-june!moriarty
   AKA  -jwm-          |   moriarty@washington