[comp.sys.att] What is ATT UNIX PC?

sir@hq.demos.su (Sergey Ryzhkov) (05/21/91)

Dear netpeoples!

Pleas answer the question of the programmers from the Souviet Union.

Are there anybody knows what is a computer ATT UNIX PC?
Some ammount of this computers appears in Moscow (USSR) now,
and nobody knows what is it. Off cause, there is some ammount of
documentations, but it is not for programmers...

As far as I can understand this computer prodused (or designed)
in 1985. Is it usable anywhere in the world now?

I am not regulary news reader, so if it is not hard for you
answer me to my address sir@hq.demos.su or sir@s514.ipmce.su.

			Sergey Ryzhkow, Moscow, Russia, USSR

guest@geech.ai.mit.edu (Guest Account) (05/22/91)

In article <1991May21.123432.1630@hq.demos.su> sir@hq.demos.su (Sergey Ryzhkov) writes:

   Are there anybody knows what is a computer ATT UNIX PC?

It's the latest ICBM targeting system from the US Air Force.

---GEORGE BUSH

adam@cs.UAlberta.CA (Michel Adam; Gov't of NWT) (05/22/91)

In article <1991May21.123432.1630@hq.demos.su> sir@hq.demos.su (Sergey Ryzhkov) writes:
>Dear netpeoples!
>
>Pleas answer the question of the programmers from the Souviet Union.
>
>Are there anybody knows what is a computer ATT UNIX PC?
>Some ammount of this computers appears in Moscow (USSR) now,

          Welcome, Welcome to the MACHINE!

>			Sergey Ryzhkow, Moscow, Russia, USSR

Michel Adam
Yellowknife, N.W.T.

adam@iceman.UUCP
or
adam@cs.ualberta.ca

merce@iguana.uucp (Jim Mercer) (05/22/91)

In article <1991May21.123432.1630@hq.demos.su> sir@hq.demos.su (Sergey Ryzhkov) writes:
>Are there anybody knows what is a computer ATT UNIX PC?
>Some ammount of this computers appears in Moscow (USSR) now,
>and nobody knows what is it. Off cause, there is some ammount of
>documentations, but it is not for programmers...
>
>As far as I can understand this computer prodused (or designed)
>in 1985. Is it usable anywhere in the world now?
>
>I am not regulary news reader, so if it is not hard for you
>answer me to my address sir@hq.demos.su or sir@s514.ipmce.su.

the AT&T unix PC is a 68010 based sys V (variant) unix box.

for more info, please refer to comp.sys.3b1

(the Unix PC is also known as the 3B1, or the 7300 PC and is very closely
related to the Convergent miniframe)

they are in use.

this posting is being generated on a 3b1.
--
[ Jim Mercer   work: jim@lsuc.on.ca  home: merce@iguana.uucp  +1 519 570-3467 ]
[      "AIDS. Stick it in your head instead!" - Billboard seen in Toronto     ]