[comp.sys.att] ATT keyboards

bchs1b@jetson.uh.edu (Benedik, Michael J.) (06/13/91)

The keyboard on my ancient AT&T 6300 is finally playing out. I have a spare
keyboard at work for a PC clone and was wondering if it is possible to either
rewire it with the AT&T cable or to buy an adaptor to convert from the

DIN connector to the 9 pin connector used by the 6300. Help and
suggestions appreciated. If not, any one knows who sells replacement
keyboards other than AT&T?

	 Michael Benedik
	 Department of Biochemical and Biophysical Sciences
	 University of Houston
	 INTERNET: Benedik@UH.EDU	BITNET: Benedik@UHOU

		I have nothing cute to say today. Sorry.

kozowski@ohsu.edu (Eric Kozowski) (06/14/91)

In article <1991Jun13.161758.21105@menudo.uh.edu> bchs1b@jetson.uh.edu writes:

>The keyboard on my ancient AT&T 6300 is finally playing out. I have a spare
>keyboard at work for a PC clone and was wondering if it is possible to either
>rewire it with the AT&T cable or to buy an adaptor to convert from the
>
>DIN connector to the 9 pin connector used by the 6300. Help and
>suggestions appreciated. If not, any one knows who sells replacement
>keyboards other than AT&T?

Keytronics used to.  Don't know if they still do.

--
Eric Kozowski
kozowski@ohsu.edu

tgeorge@cbnewsb.cb.att.com (timothy.d.george) (06/14/91)

In article <1991Jun13.232547.21798@ohsu.edu> kozowski@ohsu.edu (Eric Kozowski) writes:
>In article <1991Jun13.161758.21105@menudo.uh.edu> bchs1b@jetson.uh.edu writes:
>>
>>The keyboard on my ancient AT&T 6300 is finally playing out. I have a spare
>>keyboard at work for a PC clone and was wondering if it is possible to either
>>rewire it with the AT&T cable or to buy an adaptor to convert from the
>>
>>DIN connector to the 9 pin connector used by the 6300. Help and
>>suggestions appreciated. If not, any one knows who sells replacement
>>keyboards other than AT&T?
>>
>Keytronics used to.  Don't know if they still do.
>

>--
>Eric Kozowski
>kozowski@ohsu.edu
>Networks & Computing Dept.
>Oregon Health Sciences University

I remeber seeing ads for the Northgate keyboard also with the adapter
for the AT&T 6300.

Tom Roehr

jwalp@pute.UUCP (+John H. Walpole+) (06/16/91)

In article <1991Jun13.232547.21798@ohsu.edu> kozowski@ohsu.edu (Eric Kozowski) writes:
>In article <1991Jun13.161758.21105@menudo.uh.edu> bchs1b@jetson.uh.edu writes:
>>
>>The keyboard on my ancient AT&T 6300 is finally playing out. I have a spare
>>keyboard at work for a PC clone and was wondering if it is possible to either
>>rewire it with the AT&T cable or to buy an adaptor to convert from the

	[Stuff Deleted]

You might try Computer Horizons, Inc in Columbus Ohio Phone number
is 614-847-0400 ask for Vicky.  I was there just last week and they had
lots of 6300, 3B1, 3B2, etc stuff laying around.

--
		 John H. Walpole  (614) 761-1300

jwalp@pute.UUCP, n8emr!uncle!oink!pute!jwalp@osu-cis.cis.ohio-state.edu
               Don't follow me .... I'm lost too!!!!