[comp.sys.att] AT&T VPIX

dab@cbnewsb.cb.att.com (david.a.berk) (06/14/91)

I recently brought up X386 on a AT&T 6386 running V.3.2.  When I
try to invoke vpix it just hangs.  Anyone have any ideas ?
Can this work ?

Dave Berk
..!att!emdbl1!dab
(201) 564-3294

debra@wsinfo11.info.win.tue.nl (Paul De Bra) (06/17/91)

In article <1991Jun13.213923.23550@cbfsb.att.com> dab@cbnewsb.cb.att.com (david.a.berk) writes:
>I recently brought up X386 on a AT&T 6386 running V.3.2.  When I
>try to invoke vpix it just hangs.  Anyone have any ideas ?
>Can this work ?

Simultask will come up in X386, but it uses a different keymap which
interferes with the one used by X386.
As a result, all keys are shifted one position towards the right.
So in order to exit from Simultask you should try to type quit followed
by control-M (aka Enter, which moved off the keyboard).
Typing wioy followed by a-together-with-, (simulates control-M)
should do the trick.
The different keymap makes Simultask a bit hard to use :-(

Now, another problem with X386 i've noticed is that if you run cc
from an xterm some syntax-like info is displayed in the xterm while
cc is chewing on the c-source of whatever program you're compiling.
Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone have an explanation, or, better,
a solution?
Fortunately the AT&T Open Look 2.0 xterm can be used with X386 so
one can at least use some xterm that doesn't exhibit this behavior.

Paul.
(debra@win.tue.nl, debra@research.att.com)